on 2 December 2005
This applies to other Character Options Doctor Who toys, in that as the other reviewer states the batteries required are LR44. However, these tend to be expensive in the high street so try on-line. I got a box of 10 for £5.50ish including 1st class postage from Battery Force, less than the cost of two from Boots.
My review scores reflect the average so far as I do not own a Tardis money box - yet.
on 8 May 2014
My daughter was excited by this when it first arrived, but the build quality is poor. The internal picture is just a bit of cardboard stuck inside, and the doors are fragile and broke after just a few uses. Would have taken it back if I'd bought it in a shop!
on 2 January 2006
The moneybox is ok, after fitting in the three watch sized batteries which most companies are too mean to include, the box talks and the light flashes when you open/close the door, not all that good really
on 5 July 2007
It has been quite disappointing that there has been no replacement to the Dapol Tardis yet despite the large range of 5" figurines available. This money box is a great way to satisfy that craving for a Tardis to look at.

What pleases me most about this item is its durability. The whole thing is made from tough plastic and is really sturdy. This makes it more than capable of being a good place to put your coins. The version I bought recently was the second version with the Tenth Doctor and Rose adorning the inside.

In terms of the additional features, it's quite a nice thing. There are a few, good sound quality phrases upon opening the doors (which you have to press in to open) and the favourite de-materialisation sound complete with flashing lamp when you close them.

It's a great object for the price and I'm very pleased with it.
VINE VOICEon 16 February 2006
Having been a great fan of the series from the sixties, when it was announced that a Police Box with sound effects was being launched, I couldn't believe my luck. I purchased the item before Christmas and saved it until Christmas Day. I then inserted the batteries (because they weren't supplied - *tsk*) and then 'finally' worked out how to open the doors. Erm! I didn't really catch what was said - it was just an awful sound. I then deposited my money into the slot and closed the doors, as per the instructions and ...EEK! I had to cover my ears to protect them from the awful sound which was meant to be the TARDIS dematerialising! Really??? The next time I used the money box, the Doctor spoke some different words but they sounded more like words spoken by a Dalek! When I closed the doors again, I instantly regretted it! I haven't used the money box since! So, all told, a very disappointing piece of merchandise - though I must say, as a police box it looks good!
on 1 February 2009
Nice one its really good and my daughter fills it with all her money and a little word from Dr Who as she goes,a good buy and practical too as it encourages them to save a little too which is a good thing these days..
on 7 February 2009
I was given this as a christmas present and its awesome , I am a huge Dr Who Fan and this was a great present love the talking feature and the cool sound of the tardis moving when you close the doors is great .
on 21 March 2011
From large selection of Tardis options for 5 year old grandson, this proved an engaging toy as well as encouragement to save money. The voice recording and flashing light proved to be winning features.
on 4 June 2009
Was played with as a toy rather than a money box, but the door soon became unattached, so probably better just kept as a money box and used occasionally
on 11 February 2016
Sound and light features, opening and closing doors, robust. Bought as a gift for my Doctor Who mad daughter. She absolutely loves all the features!