on 4 August 2014
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I was looking for a good quality glass bottle to hold the fruit / vegetable juices and the Distilled water that I was making (I bought 2).

Quality / Design:
During the 'Unpacking process', it was evident that the quality of the glass was first class. Not only was I satisfied but It had exceeded my expectations. However when I saw the lid and handle I was slightly disappointed. The handle does not look strong enough to go with the heavy glass bottle whilst the lid looks relatively cheap and slightly badly designed. It's evident that the glass maker, the handle maker and the lid maker were not on the same page.

Performance:
The glass bottle is about the same height as your kettle and is thin enough to fit nicely in either the side of your fridge or inside the main section of your fridge, as long as you take one of the shelves out.

It keeps the liquid to the desired temperature as expected, however when you hold a jug full of liquid (1.7l litres), you have a feeling that the glass handle will break because it looks too small and too thin. I carry it with one hand underneath the jug and one on the handle. Another problem that I identified was that some of the liquid pours onto the bench when pouring with the lid on. I recommend that you either pour very slowly or just take the lid off.

On a positive note though when my girlfriend dropped the glass jug on its side on our kitchen bench, I feared the worse. However incredibly it did not break!.

Verdict: A good quality glass product that requires a redesign to both the lid and the handle.
7/10

Feedback:
If you wish to comment on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks
on 13 October 2016
I needed a jug for storing my milk in the fridge door. The milk we drink is unhomogenised whole milk from organic grass fed cows (they are only milked twice a day) and it doesn't come in a bottle. I buy one litre per week and I store it in this glass jug for the week. It stays fresh and is easy to pour. You can twist the plastic lid around to close the gap when you're finished pouring. It doesn't have an airtight seal on the lid but I don't think that's needed. I love the design and style of the jug, it's very well made and sturdy. Highly recommend for milk, juice or water.
review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 October 2015
I bought my last one over 10 years ago and this is the replacement! This is super quality and the perfect size to fit in the drawer in the door of our intergral fridge.

The lid does not dribble when pouring if you seat it properly. Look at the lid and you will see a wide groove in it, when the jug is in the fridge swizzle the lid with your fingers while it is in the jug until the "groove" is at the back.
When you want to pour liquids simply swizzle the lid round so the groove is at the front ( position it so that the groove sits under the pouring lip).

This will enable you to pour from the jug with the lid in place. I can only assume that the other reviewer tried to pour from the jug when the lid was in its closed position?! Causing the liquid to dribble slowly. If they now look at the lid and now try using it as the design intends it will pour beautifully without dribbles and drips

The lid is dishwasher safe in the top drawer or pull out shelf ( my dishwasher is a Bosch and has 2 drawers) I`ve always just washed the lid at the sink with a cloth and put the glass jug in the bottom drawer standing up right upside down and it has been fine, coming out sparkling clean and ready to use again.

I am so delighted with this product, that I will be buying several more as this BHL Luminaarc Glass Quadro 1.0 Litre Jug is perfect to decant Tetra packed Juices and Milks into because unlike the Tetra packs it doesn't dribble.
on 13 March 2016
Just what it looks like - a sturdy glass jug with tight-fitted plastic lid. I use it for homemade nut milk. It fits well on the fridge door, but the handle must be turned to the side or the door won't close. It's quite heavy, but I like that. I make homemade cashew milk with 1 cup cashews (soaked for 6 hours in water, then drained), 3 cups of filtered water, 3 pitted dates. I whiz in the high-powered blender for about 2 minutes, and strain through nut milk bag (also bought on Amazon) into this jug. Fits perfectly. Keeps 4-5 days in fridge. I also use the jug for iced tea sometimes. I think it is very pretty.
on 18 September 2016
Just what I was looking for. Perfect for milk serving at small functions. very pleased, purchased six. I have Luminarc glasses and if, very rarely, one casualty in six years, they break, they shatter in cubes so safe around the teenagers.
on 14 September 2016
Love this! Just the size of a one-litre carton of juice or milk, this fits perfectly into my fridge door without taking up too much space. I put tap water in and then put it in the fridge so we've got chilled water on hot days. I like to put some mint leaves and a slice of lemon or orange in, and it's really nice for that.

It's really nice quality and looks attractive on the table. The plastic lid is white and can be left closed or opened for pouring. When its closed, it's not completely airtight, but it does keep 'fridge smells' out.

Because this is made of glass, I don't have to worry about any of the chemicals that can leach from plastics, and it also doesn't absorb any of the flavours of what's in it and can even be put in the dishwasher.
on 2 July 2016
Have now 3 as I have them culturing milk in rotation from the counter top to the fridge. Found them excellent and a perfect size, also like the top that can swivel open to closed. They fit perfectly in the side of the fridge.
on 2 August 2016
I purchased this glass jug to store milk in in the fridge - I discovered that in many supermarkets, it is much less expensive to buy long life milk in cartons without screw caps, ie the cartons where you have to cut the corner off. Consequently, to keep the milk fresh for longer once I've opened the carton, I like to pour it into a jug. The issue, I have, however, with this jug is that when you align the plastic top to the pouring edge of the jug, the milk goes everywhere and you have to fiddle about adjusting the top so that it's somewhere quite off centre, which is a bit of a pain and not logical!
on 11 June 2017
This company is using good reviews of the arcoroc pouring jug to sell the inferior quality luminarc jug. Which is this one:

If you look at the pictures provided by some earlier customers of this product you can see it doesn't match the current description.

The luminarc jug is poorly engineered, the lip is too shallow so it doesn't poor cleanly and spills. The glass is also weak and brittle.

The company shouldn't be using the reviews or another product to sell one that is not as good.
on 30 April 2017
this is just what I was looking for, it makes life easier for me as I find it difficult to hold the 4 pint milk bottle I just pour some into the jug and its much easier to use, fits in the fridge door, also handy if guests arrive it looks good on the table or tray and guests can help themselves, really nice piece of glass and having a lid you don,t have to worry about fly's if you are in the garden.