Customer reviews

Kensington Duo Gel Wrist Rest Wave
Colour: Red|Change
Price:£14.60+ Free shipping

on 20 October 2017
Programmer, computer science student, gamer. I use my keyboard a lot. But the abusive relationship I have with this product must end.

This wrist rest is of nice consistency and height (any rest should support your wrists so that there's no angle between your arm and hands), but it is the wrong shape. It has an annoying groove that catches your clothes and crumbs collect in the groove like an infected wound. The groove, it's pointless. It doesn't sit in line with your keyboard being an odd 'figure-of-8' shape. It looks so 'Tron' and nice, so you put up with it, but eventually you realise the two of you weren't made for each other, and things become awkward. You realise, late in a gaming session, that it's only there because you've not found a better one. You break down in tears; it's time for divorce.

It's like having a cat on your desk; it looks cute, but it keeps getting in the way and you're forever repositioning it, until finally you snap and banish it from the desk for a while. You then have a floppy thing on the floor, and it returns to the desk. This cycle repeats, until you are prompted to interupt your study and write a review about it on Amazon.

This is one of the most annoying things I've ever bought, because although I want to like it, I hate it.
on 22 June 2017
BE AWARE! The product is actually longer and wider than is stated in the description. I measured it and it is actually 48.5cm long, not the 46.8cm advertised. It is 9.5cm wide and not the 8 cm advertised. I bought this product thinking it would just about fit onto my slide-out-drawer that my keyboard is on, but it actually doesn't due to it being longer than advertised. The base of the Wrist Rest overhangs the edges unfortunately, so I need to be extra careful when I close the drawer after usage so it doesn't get knocked off, as it catches on the metal slides on the sides. It is quite frustrating.

The product feels good quality so far after a few hours use, but there isn't much 'give' in the gel at the moment so my hand is resting a little too high over the keyboard for my personal liking, hopefully this will settle after it gets a bit more ware on it. Other than that it does feel quite durable, and looks nice on my desk. The Wrist Rest stays in place whilst I type and does not move around on my drawer.

The product arrived just 2 days after purchase, in plastic packaging, inside a very oddly packaged plastic bag. No damage I can see though.

If it wasn't for the fact it was longer than stated then I would have given it a higher score.
on 1 October 2017
It’s very comfortable and ergonomic to use. Unfortunately it had a bit of a rough finish with a couple of bits which I took for dust and tried to wipe off but then I found I had to pick them off which, you guessed it, turned out to cause tiny little holes through which the gel would show but not escape. Only a tiny bit of gel has come out due to picking and I have improvised a gaffa tape plaster so all is now good but it did cause me to knock a couple of stars off an otherwise great product.
on 7 July 2016
I've had 3 of these over the past 10 years. The first I inherited from a former colleague, it was a bit tatty and leaked but as it was so comfortable I got a new one (black/red) in 2007. 9 years later and it's only started to split apart underneath where the two colours meet On top it's still perfect however.

Because of the comfort of the black/red I purchased a blue/black in Feb 2015 for working at home.

Like most things, if you don't notice something, it's because it's doing it's job well. The 9 year old one has been dropped, stabbed with pens, multiple drinks dropped and has also saved my laptop from certain death after it jumped out of my arms a number of times towards the desk and thankfully landed on the wrist rest. The black/blue has had an easier life, but does have to deal with cats running over it a number of times a day.

I'd highly recommend one if you want something that's very comfortable and hard wearing, with the bonus of being easier to clean. It just does the job.
on 7 October 2017
Bought to support my wrists when I'm typing. Never really needed a wrist rest before so this does take some getting used to. It feels like my hands are too high for the keyboard. But on the positive side, it's very spongy. I love the red and black colour of it too.
review image
on 23 March 2014
This is a great wrist rest. It looks great, is very comfortable and doesn't have the weird plasiticky smell I've noticed from cheaper versions.

The design with two different colour gel pouches, which I assumed was just to make it looks attractive, is actually very clever. The heel of your hand naturally 'locks' into the ridge between the pouches, keeping your wrists still and stable, reducing strain.

The matching mousemat is equally good, and they look great next to eachother on the desk! Highly recommended.
on 3 May 2013
If you use a keyboard for many hours per day, this is a wise investment to prevent or alleviate problems. The pad's provided much comfort and cooling for my extremely painful wrists. I compared many such items in several retail stores, prior to purchase on Amazon, and found some pads felt little different to the surface they were placed upon. However, Kensington's gel has just the right amount of 'give'.
on 2 July 2013
Working in a busy office I needed something to support my wrists after spending months in agony with RSI. This definitely met my needs and looks good in the process.
Having bought with the matching mouse mat i have found a great improvement and hardly have any bother with my wrists anymore.
This takes up very little space on my desk, along for yet more paperwork! But is definitely worth purchasing if you have any bother with stiff wrists or RSI.
on 23 August 2016
Love this and use it all the time. It has really relieved the pain in my wrists and the pressure on the knobbly part of my hand. Could not type without it and carry it everywhere (I work with different clients around the UK). Would love a travel size version as it is quite heavy to carry on the train, but I wouldn't be without it.
on 23 July 2017
Have used one of these before and was so pleased with the comfort and the look, I didn't hesitate to buy another one. Easy to wipe clean. Great product. Also have the matching mouse mat with wrist rest.