Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 4 August 2017
really good classic movie.
on 14 September 2017
Funny
on 8 March 2017
Excellent Sequel
on 2 October 2013
Confirming this is actually region A/B/C, all 3 logos are on the back and it plays fine on my North American Blu-ray player in the USA! Unfortunately, the image quality is not that great; I was a little disappointed. It's definitely better than the DVD on my 55" widescreen, but still looks noticeably grainy. This is still the best quality release format to date and the price is right. It was still incredibly cheap and easy to buy here on amazon.co.uk and ship to the US, even with the shipping it was cheaper than many domestic Blu-Rays! I also bought Hot Shots!, Naked Gun 2 1/2 and 33 1/3, none of which are available in the US yet. Hopefully if more people start buying the UK versions, they will release in the US in better quality/remastered versions. This is certainly not one of the greatest movies ever made or nearly as well made as the first Naked Gun and Hot Shots films, but it does have a few very funny moments...considering the other crap, unheard-of movies they put out in Blu-Ray, Paramount could at least release this on Blu-Ray in the USA by now...c'mon already!!
review image
on 15 June 2008
Yes I accept that a one star review of this bloody brilliant spoof film is a little harsh but he has a point. I bought this film for all the funny stuff I loved when I watched it many times on the TV. Aswell as the arena fight, the seduction scene was the one I was most fond of. So imagine my unfortunate surprise when this version just dances right past it. It's a real shame and the only reason I can guess they took it out was that it was a 'sex scene' and so raised the classification rating up from a PG. It's lucky i've got the proper version on VHS cause otherwise the lack of the taxi scene with a cheeky bit of the Pointer Sisters' "I'm so excited" would have been even more of a bummer. Basically, if you have seen the film before beware, this whole segment under fire is A.W.O.L. But if you havn't seen the film, don't let this put you off getiing it 'cause the rest is some of the funnyest material to come out of America. This has always been one of my very favorite comedy films and it IS just a shame they didn't feel the need to release the whole film, who cares if it's put up to a 12A or whatever? The full film is definately worth five stars, i've simply given it three, as it lacked the scene I loved so much i've written a review stating how much it was missed by a fan of the full film in all its wacky goodness. All the same...one star? I don't think so
on 24 July 2011
This film is one of my all time favourite spoofs,one i always enjoyed on TV and VHS but be warned when getting the DVD-the film is edited.the entire scene with Topper Harley and Michelle in the back of the limo then in Michelles bedroom has been removed! this scene is one of the funniest of the movie! Whats left of the film is still funny but theres no reason this scene should have been cut.
on 24 July 2014
Full limo scene etc. is all there. Gives it the 12 certificate too (the dvd is PG). Makes the upgrade to blu ray even more worthwhile - ok the picture and sound aren't exactly reference quality but it's the best your going to get.
on 5 March 2010
Hot Shots [DVD] [1991]

both the original Hot Shots and this, its sequel, are among my favourite films, but I can't help being disappointed with the dvds which have had considerable cuts. while the films are still funny, they are not as funny as they were in full. If I had known about the cuts, I may not have bought the dvds. however, without the full versions being available this is the next best thing.