on 30 November 2007
We have had this box for a while now; we first got it when my son was 6 and, now my daughter is also 6, it still gets as much use.
It has been one of the best toys to bridge the gender gap; both children find it hilarious. The ideas sheet is very simple to follow, but both children love to use their imagination and have come up with puppets for a show (performed from behind the sofa), mummy and baby creatures, flying monsters, etc, etc. all of which are funny and charismatic.
My son is slightly dyspraxic and has trouble with some fiddly construction toys, but this has never been a problem and he always enjoys playing with it.
The pieces are also big and chunky, so don't tend to disappear up your vacuum cleaner (unlike K'nex grown up brother). There are plenty of pieces in this box, so two children can play well together without too many arguments.
on 6 July 2014
My children loved these.
The little instruction booklet got them going but they very soon let their imaginations run wild and they created all kinds of wonderful creatures.
Highly recommended.
on 30 December 2007
... or a girl. Got these for our 4 year old son. Both he and his 6 year old sister have had loads of fun creating crazy creatures. Not too complex, but with plenty of scope for making lots of different creatures. Easy to assemble and totally intuitive. Fun too. Recommended - great value.
on 7 December 2007
The best toy I have ever spent my money on!
Boys and girls love it.
My kids have had theirs for years and still love it.

Great value
on 16 May 2008
We bought this K'nex toy for our son's 4th birthday and he has simply spent hours and hours "making monsters" and then playing with them. I have rarely seen a toy absorb his attention in this way. His five year old sister loves it it too, and there is more than enough bits for them to share.
The pieces are big and bright and fit together properly and easily. They also seem to be wearing well.
A sheet with pictures of at least fifty different monster designs that children can copy accompanies the set, but my two children seem to prefer inventing their own monsters.
Such was the success of this toy in our house that my sister bought it for her five year old boy. He, and his eight year old sister, have hardly emerged from the playroom since!
on 4 July 2008
bought this to take on holiday for my three year old son. It was an instant hit and he played with it everyday for two weeks. Every day brought a new toy to build either together or on his own. Great for their imagination. Very easy for young ones to make great things easily, very durable and great bright colours so you can spot stray pieces easily. I would highly recommend this and it is a great toy for holidays or at home
on 8 August 2008
The Kid K'nex bucket of buddies is a great toy for girls or boys. My daughter and my friend's son, both age 6, can happily play together making various 'buddies'. My daughter enjoys playing with this so much that I have bought other Kid K'nex to enable her to make more varied creatures. The pieces are durable, however some are quite small and should be kept away from smaller children.