on 22 May 2006
Our ancient Sony anaIogue tv's picture was deteriorating into pink and green stripes so I accepted that it was time to replace. I knew nothing at all about LCD or Plasma tv but did a little online research into the contemporary situation which equipped me with with enough facts to make a reasonably informed choice. We are not big tv watchers and did not want the set to dominate our living space, so the physical and aesthetic considerations mattered. Philips HDTV 26" Widescreen Flat LCD TV 26PF4310 met all our criteria. I am living in Finland and talking with the guys in the shop was tricky: because I was taking the set to a new apartment we are moving into this summer I was careful to ask if all the necessary accessories (cables, wires, batteries, etc.,) were supplied and received a positive response. However, in addition you will definitely need coax tv cable & a "Philips head" screwdriver (a crossed one: +) to attach the stand, and maybe a scart cable. Setting it all up was a doddle. Instructions were clear and easy to follow. The picture is excellent - far better than it seemed in the showroom - even though the signal we receive is still analogue. The sound quality is also excellent. No complaints.
on 30 April 2006
I've had this TV for 5 days now and everything is working fine.To help anyone buying,when you put it on right away it automatically stores your TV channels,if after it does this you have no pictures press 'menu' on your remote and make sure 'System' is set to 'UK' mine was set to 'France' but I just changed it to 'UK' and hey presto all the channels were there and all were stored in their correct positions.Picture is fine on Analogue TV but is really smart when on Digital (Sky etc.)I'm very happy with my purchase and I must add that Amazon's customer service was second to none.
on 31 March 2006
It's a great TV for the money. Configuring the channels could be done manually or automaticaly and the TV is very easy to operate. Also is HD ready although the picture is brilliant even now without HD tv available. The only trouble i had to was to work out how to bring up the subtitles. It was not in the manual so i had to write to Philips customer services. If anybody has the same problem, please press Teletext button and then page 888.