Leviathan
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£14.90+ £1.26 shipping

on 7 April 2017
Having repeatedly been dismayed by recent Mastodon releases, I revisited this album to assure myself that I hadn’t been mistaken about their prior greatness. When an album is even better than the mythical status it has forged in your mind’s eye – then you know it is something very, very, special. Leviathan is a transcendent, majestic, unyielding wall of aural brutality and beauty. A truly monumental masterpiece.
I will take this music to my gave.
5 people found this helpful
on 30 March 2018
I already have Leviathan on CD and loved it. Only gripe with the vinyl is the change in the play order, so Aqua Dementia doesn't lead straight in to Hearts Alive.

The yellow vinyl is cool but where this really shines from the CD version is the artwork. From the front cover to the inside of the gatefold, it is a work of art. Someone really should make a poster of the the white whale/hunter/island/shark because it looks amazing.

Sound is tight, drums in particular are very clean in the mix which makes them shine through. Hearts, Naked Burn & Aqua Dementia high points.
on 21 May 2016
One of my all-time favourite albums. Guitar riffs and drums on this album are ace. It's got to be up there with Black Sabbath's Master of Reality and Metallica's Metallica as one of the great Metal albums of all time.
One person found this helpful
on 13 August 2016
Not experience these guys but as a prog fan, you just have to have this in your collection as it is always listed in top prog classics.
Not to my tastes though as I don't engage with vocals.
on 18 January 2018
Moby Dick. Hard rock. How could you NOT love this?
on 20 February 2018
excellent
on 14 August 2016
Awesome...simply awesome...on repeat
on 28 May 2017
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 24 August 2015
This album is just pure beauty in my opinion I think it nothing short of an eargasm. I'm a huge mastodon fan so this may be biased but quite frankly this album has an chaoticly awesome drummer, finger destructive guitar players and a bass player which will make you wanna headbang like it's you're last day alive.
on 4 January 2015
Bought for nephew who is fan of Mastodon and he says this is a great album, he's well pleased.