Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 26 September 2005
I got this album almost twenty years ago. I remember seeing Lemmy and the boys playing "Ace of spades" on the TV programme "The young ones" and wanted to get myself a copy so I bought this. What a wise decision that turned out to be as I have been a "Motorheadbanger" ever since. This is a round up of songs from the albums they recorded for Bronze, the era always regarded as their golden age. All the greats from that period are here: "Ace of spades", "Overkill", "Bomber", "Stay clean" as well as "Killed by death", which was a new track cut for this LP, along with "Snaggletooth", "Locomotive" and "Steal your face". Also included as bonus tracks are the B sides from the "Killed by death" single and the B sides from the "No class" single recorded with Wendy O Williams. I still rate this better than 2000`s "Best of Motorhead" as there are no sub-standard live tracks and that CD missed genuine killers like "Stay clean", "Dancing on your grave" and "(We are) The road crew". If you`re only going to buy one Motorhead album then it has to be this one.
on 22 October 2007
an excellent summary of the Motorhead career to this point, full of classics along with a couple of new songs which match the class of their album mates. Despite having the full Motorhead studio back CDs I still play this for when I want condensed Motorhead.
on 7 December 2010
This is as I mentioned the best Motorhead best-of.

Most of the tracks are excellent and provide a good oversight of the early Head albums. Tracks from Bomber,Overkill,Ace of Spades, Iron Fist, Another Perfect Day and No Sleep til Hammersmith.

On top of that you get the excellent Killed by Death,Steal your face,Locomotive and Snaggle tooth (these 4 tracks make it worth buying this album even if just to hear them) and the excellent Please don't touch which, was always a favourite of mine.

We also get 2 different versions of studio track Under the knife. Also excellent.

I wouldve given this 5 stars but unfortunately we still have the rubbish version of Stand by your man with Wendy o williams and the abyssmal Masterplan.

2 Turkeys in the whole set. Not bad.
on 13 April 2016
Classic Motorhead tracks non-remastered, close to their original presentation. Excellent pick for the nostalgig.