Customer reviews

3,069
Package Type: Retail pack|Change

on 18 April 2017
These are nice earphones, but a little fragile. I managed to damage one of the cables on my set, which was fixed (without quibble) under warranty by Creative. Unfortunately, a while later, I lost one of the silicone earpieces, rendering the earphones useless. I decided to replace them with a set of Betron DNZ500 (for a similar price to the EP-630), and the difference is night and day. The sound quality is better with the Betrons, and they feel a little stronger, too (metal construction). All in all, the Creative EP-630 is a decent budget set of earphones, which are a great deal better than bundled smartphone items, but not as good as others out there.
on 15 November 2016
I don't usually write reviews but felt I had to share how pleased I have been with these. I bought these exact earphones from amazon 2 and a half years ago and only just today the connection was lost in one earphone. I have been amazed at how long they've lasted, and I have used them pretty much daily for the past couple of years. They have been in and out of my highly disorganised handbag hundreds of times and still work perfectly every time. The sound quality is faultless and the noise cancellation is just what you need on an hour and half commute each way. I listen to all types of music and they are just great. Really comfortable as well. I just reordered another pair with no second thought. If you buy any earphones, buy these. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
on 14 August 2014
I read some great reviews about these headphones before I bought them. Those reviews, and previous experience with Creative products convinced me to spend the money.

At first, I couldn't get comfortable with them - I think this design takes a bit of getting used to anyway - but I didn't even get the sound I was hoping for. No bass to speak of. What a disappointment!

Then I read a tip, maybe even among these reviews, about pulling the top of your ear up as you insert the earphone. Sounded silly, but I tried it and it worked. The earphones end up being quite tight in your ear, and the bass improves. I've noticed that once they're in place, if you angle them so they direct the sound a little further towards the back of your ear, the bass increases to the point where it's almost too much. What I'm saying is that you can adjust the bass according to how you position them.

To me the sound is now very well-rounded, easy to listen to over long periods (and I don't have them loud) and the effort of letting them "bed in" has been rewarded. Just don't eat crisps while you're wearing them...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 February 2015
I purchased my Creative EP-630 Earphones on the 4 Nov 2014 for £10.99 (I noticed that the price has been hiked significantly since then), and they have just broken in September 2016.

They survived for 2 years 10 months being used day in day out for hours a day, and being stored in pockets of jeans throughout the day. They survived being through the washing machine 3 times throughout their lives due to my carelessness.

These are the most durable earphones I've ever owned. I didn't look after them and they still survived me 2 years 10 months.

I'd highly recommend these headphones if they hadn't been put up to £20 since, I feel that headphones I bought for £10 just 2 years 10 months ago shouldn't have doubled. That being said if you are tired of headphones breaking these might be worth spending extra on.
on 5 September 2017
I bought these headphones earlier this year to replace the ones I bought in 2011 which were great . They were supposed to be the same and I bought them through UKdealz. . I was not impressed when they arrived as the leads were more flimsy and sound quality did not seem to be as good as I remembered . In hindsight I should have sent them back as they have stopped working properly this week . I came on to Amazon to find out if there was a product guarantee as I have had them for less than a year but its looks as though there is none and what is worse is the retailer seems to have disappeared after a string of bad reviews .Whats most annoying is they actually cost more to buy them the second time than they cost originally . I paid as I thought my first pair were amazing value for money for the quality of the sound .

Really annoying
on 26 May 2011
So I bought these after reading the reviews and wanting a pair of reasonably priced earphones for my shuffle while I work..

I do alot of vacuum cleaning in my job and the fact that it says these isolate the background noise sold it to me.

My ipod earphones really hurt my ears after only a half hour or so, and these looked comfy.

Overall: Comfy, blocks out external sound, beautiful bass sound and quality sound overall.

HOWEVER!.....( did read the review about the feedback in the ears from eating before I bought these )

You can't eat, speak, cough, sing along or do anything at all that will create sound in your mouth/head area..they make immense feedback!
So, if you like to sing along to your music while you work, (if you work alone like me!) then don't buy these because you literally can't!

I will continue using these because I like the sound they produce, they are comfortable, and they block out machinery sounds etc, but I don't think I would buy them again because I do like to sing along to my music (however badly) and I have asthma which can give you a bit of a permanent little cough which is quite noisy through the headphones...

I'd call them musical earplugs really! :)
Snapped the wire on my earphones on Friday afternoon. Ordered these on Friday evening and they arrived first thing Monday morning which was quite impressive. They're extremely good earphones. I use mine with my IPOD and there's no obvious noise spilling out. The earbuds are comfortable and I can shake my head without losing them. I'm very impressed with the level of bass, there's nothing tinny about the sound. Overall quality is excellent but I do have a minor niggle; the wire is incredibly long and if you're not particularly tall, like me, you might want to wind the wire around something to keep it out of the way. Having said that I'm happy with earphones and I bought them at a reduced price from Amazon so I'm a happy shopper.
on 29 January 2013
I love the sound of these earphones. As someone who has tried more than half a dozen sets of earphones from Sony, Shure, JVC and more, I can safely say that these deliver the best quality sound.

Unfortunately that's only half the issue for me. The reason I buy in ear headphones is to block out sound. In the office, they are great, and pretty good on the train too. But they fail the acid test of the plane journey. They can't seem to block the really loud low rumble of the plane at all, which means you have to crank the volume right up and end up getting a headache.

For plane journeys the JVC FX-34 "Marshmallows" I had (before they broke) were much better - stick them in your ears and the seal is perfect.
on 10 May 2017
I feel compelled to write a review on these. Yes these don't seem to last more than a couple of years before getting damaged, but for the price you can afford to buy them again. These are by far the most comfortable earphones I own. If you suffer from earphones that constantly fall out of your ears, then these are for you. If only these included a mic and volume control, they would be perfect.
on 29 March 2017
I go through a pair of these usually once every 4-5 years. They're excellent quality for their price. If you just need a pair of decent, functional ear-buds that will last then buy these!
I'm leaving this review after purchasing a pair for the wife. My current ones were bought back in 2014 and still function perfectly. :)