Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 February 2011
Another purchase in my "expanding my music collection backwards in time" project - in this case following a BBC4 program which featured Etta singing "At Last" - a song I had forgotten. She certainly had a fantastic voice, and her classic years of the late 50's and early 60's sound fantastic. Some of todays RnB singers could learn from her "less is more" style. Only gave this 4 stars as when it reaches her later work I found it rather bland "funk" type material which I personally dislike with a passion. Having said that there is more than enough superb music here to keep you singing in the shower for weeks!
on 7 January 2014
I'm not an expert on Etta, I'd only heard a few songs from her and bought this album out of curiosity.

I love it! I now have it in my laptop and in my phone so I can listen to it al the time. There are lots of great songs but also quite a few not-so-great songs that seem to have been added as fillers. It's quite heterogene with some blues, some soul, some ballads and so on. Overall it's a great collection to have to get introduced to Etta's voice but I guess the real fans would go for a more targetted CD.
on 18 June 2012
Just discovered Etta James...what a voice, and this CD provides a complete cross section of her best tracks at an great price.
on 28 September 2011
What a wonderful CD. Heard At last on the radio and thought i would like to hear more of Etta. I wasn't disappointed. If you like Etta get this one.Amazon was only £[] what value
on 5 September 2011
A great collection with some outstanding songs. Superb price also for such a wide collection. A real look into her musical career spanning many many years.
on 31 March 2011
Fantastic collection of Etta James songs. Ideal background music for our wedding, plus one certain song for walking back down the aisle (At Last!).
on 25 September 2011
Excellent value for money bundle. The complete chess recordings for the legend that is Etta James. Good quality stereo recordings.
on 26 July 2012
This box set is fabulous and such such good value with 54 tracks. Etta James has a wonderful voice very soulful mmmm.
on 28 August 2014
Fantastic! What a treat. I love Etta James. A real bargain and wonderful music. Enjoy!
on 24 September 2015