Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 26 September 2017
Great game
on 26 April 2017
the game was brilliant very good story line
on 19 July 2017
Said it was like new only was like new as was in a plastic packaging disc all scratched doesn't work and I've contacted but Notting back. Not happy
VINE VOICEon 27 August 2005
Charlie and the chocolate factory is an exiting game after the first level. It is about a boy called Charlie Bucket who finds some money in the street and goes to buy a chocolate bar. On the first level you have to follow a money note to buy a chocolate bar. When you have got the money you go to the shop to buy a chocolate bar and inside the chocolate bar is a golden ticket inviting you to a chocolate factory. 4 other children have been invited also. When you are in the chocolate factory you go through the levels trying to save the other children from situations such as falling in a chocolate river, getting hurt by some nasty sqirrels and being blown into a blueberry. You can also help the oompa loompas' (chocolate factory workers) to do all of their work. At some points in the game you can get terribly stuck but if you keep on playing you will finnally do it. You can go around the chocolate factory using differant candy powers such as exploding candy and fizzy lifting drinks to get you to differant places in the factory. It is quite a long game but if you buy a game and try to finish it in one go then it won't take you so long. The graphics are quite good especially for the chocolate room where there is a chocolate river. If you collect certain candies and get so many of them then you can unlock things. The chocolate factory has differant rooms that you have to go in. When you complete a room you get a button for an elevator and at the end of the game you can revisit any room you want in the chocolate factory by pressing one of those buttons in the elevator. I got the game when it was realeased and I am still having loads of fun with it. I reccomend it to all children.
on 18 September 2005
This game is the best PS2 game I have seen. Really suitable for kids with the emphasis on using your brain and logic, not on violence. My six year old loves it and worked it all out himself. He enjoyed the challenge and plays it over and over. This is a really nice game and I would strongly recommend it.
on 29 August 2015
Bad game stay away
on 25 September 2006
I don't know whether do be embarrassed or not. This is supposed to be a game suitable for 3 year olds, and at 24 I was scunnered.

The quality of this "kids" game is superb, although the difficulty factor makes is so frustrating and repetitive. Redoing the same section of a level a million times is enough for the Playstation to warrant a good kicking.

The aim is pretty simple, but tricky to master how is a 3 year old supposed to direct Charlie through this maze of rooms and puzzling tasks? I'm sorry, but I can't see it.

This is a good fun game but not to be played by the short tempered or the young.
on 7 January 2006
This P.S.2 game concentrates on the new version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. But is more of a cartoon that you control.
Some of the graphics in this game aren’t the best and some of the graphics they just didn’t try with so it is very hard to control Charlie.
Some levels on this don’t really appeal to me, some are just plain stupid and some levels are so hard you can’t even do them but with a lot and a lot of help from my older brother Ryan I am now on the Violet level.
So far I have given this game a bad review but there is one good point to this game is that all it takes is practice!!!
on 23 October 2015
I remember playing this when I was 11. The game begins well, with a charming opening level where you play as Charlie chasing a dollar note through the snow-laden town. Unfortunately the game takes a turn for the worst when you enter the factory. The game is garish and unpleasant to look at and this presents a huge problem as the game is chiefly a puzzle platformer. On many occasions I couldn't work out what to do due to being unable to distinguish key objects from the environment.
Another large part of the game is ordering oompa loompas, many of the puzzles rely upon this function. Unfortunately, getting them to do what you want is a nightmare due to a combination of bad controls and bad AI.
Overall I found this game to be genuinely unpleasant to play and to be unnecessarily difficult for a kid due to the bad design choices I have mentioned. I played this while I was in a childrens hospital for a month and despite the severe boredom I experienced I could not continue with this game after a couple of hours. That's how bad it is.
on 31 December 2012
Very good game. I love it. I think it's a disgrace that this has an overall 3 star review, with it being a five star game. All the levels are challening enough, but then easy enough. Fairly long game, and even after completed you can play back through. I have had this game for years, and I still enjoy it. After the game is finished, you can go around the maps, and collect little gold objects, with all the potions and stuff, still being available. Absolutely astonishigly beutifull game.

See one answered question