on 14 March 2007
If you need to run up to 4 TVs from one aerial, you need this gizmo. It's very simple to set up. Run a mains feed to the gizmo from somewhere convenient, run your aerial cable into it, run the TV signal feed cables out of it to each telly. Job done.

You may find, as I did, that the digital signal at your location is strong enough, by the time this gizmo has amplified it, to avoid mounting your aerial on the roof outside but in your attic. This has lots of advantages - no risk of wind damage to it or house, no probs with it being blown off alignment, no deterioration due to weather, easy access for fiddling about.

I would say that getting an aerial amp like this would be worth it for all these benefits, even if you didn't need the multiple feeds. The same thing comes with fewer feeds, or more - whatever suits.

It will also feed radio signals as well. First rate piece of kit.
0Comment| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2009
I purchased this to use as a splitter because I needed two aerial inputs into my Duel Tuner Computer TV card.

It did split the signal with no noticable loss of signal strength although it did not improve the signal quality as I had hoped it would.

At the time I bought this product I was not aware there are two types available, the one I bought has built in digital by-pass which I did not need but the other SLx available, which does not have the built in digital by-pass does apparently have a stronger gain output and may have been more suitable to my needs, so this is something to bear in mind when contemplating buying one of these Amplifiers.
on 8 June 2011
4 channel amp, in the loft and working no problem and offers sky loop through. Power consumption 5W @ 230vac, The power on is indicated by a nice blue LED.
on 11 January 2013
Amplifier cleared up a grainy signal to upstairs, and this gives me a total of 4 outputs as well. Well worth the money.
on 24 January 2009
Bought a new digital TV recently but found that on a lot of the digital stations the picture would intermittently blank out out due to erratic signal from my existing aerial. The picture on analogue was also passable but not great. Matters weren't helped by the fact that I also have a seperate Freeview box for viewing subscription channels that require a card (Setanta Sports) and that the aerial connection at the back of that box is a bit 'suspect' and seemed to degrade the signal into the main TV.

With the SLx amplifier/splitter plugged in, I've now got perfect reception on digital, analogue and the separate Freeview box. I'm really pleased with the gadget and it has saved on purchasing and fiddling about with all different amplifiers and splitters. It also looks pretty sleek.
on 26 October 2009
I'm a little confused. The first box I received was brilliant did exactly what it said on the box. After a couple of weeks I had problems. I contacted the supplier and they were absolutley fantastic and sent me another box. Problem is this one has the same problems the first one developed. Problem is although its fine for splitting the signal, there is no boost to the signal......
on 24 January 2009
The reason I bought this was so that I could split my TV signal and send it to my daughters' bedrooms without having to invest in new aerials or a satellite system. I live in a weak signal area, so any boost I could get would also have been useful.

My existing set-up requires a one-way booster in order for me to be able to get anything more than a snowy anaolgue picture or any digital channels at all. On receipt of my splitter, I disconnected the old booster and replaced it with the SLx 4: no difference. I then reconnected my existing booster and plugged the splitter downstream of it to find it boosted the already-amplified signal by just enough to tip the balance on my weakest digital channels, increasing the signal from a stuttering 3-4/10 to a perfectly watchable 6-7/10. Remember though, the unit was acting on an already-boosted signal.

I connected a second TV to one of the other outlets, ran the two simultaneously and found both analogue and digital reception on both sets to be perfect.

So, to sum up: great for sending TV to other rooms but little use as a booster.
I bought this to replace an amplifier that wouldn't pass through an IR signal. It was cheaper to do this than buy a few bypass boxes.

Fortunately for me it was just a simple replacement. On the back are 2 slots for it to be mounted on screws and luckily these lined up exactly to the older unit I had. The wall mount holes are sturdy enough and it fixes in quite nicely.

This booster is stronger than my older unit, but I couldn't tell this from the picture quality, which was as good as watching TV directly off the aerial. The difference being is that the same good picture is now on 4 TVs.

It passes through the IR signal for the Sky channel switch gadget and all works well, although there is a drop in signal quality from using it.

The only reason this loses a star is because it is about 25% larger than my older unit that did the same job. Considering the old one was over 10 years old I would have thought a newer unit would have been smaller again. The other reason is that the blue LED indicator light is super bright. So much so that I had to put some tape over it as it was distracting. If you are using this in a bedroom you may want to do the same thing.

Other than that it does what it promises and does it well
on 7 July 2010
This appears to work fine,I have know idea if the amplifier part is required for digital, the title sounds as if it doesn't but it works with both digital and analogue.
I was going to buy a indoor aerial for a tv usb dongle,but i thought i will try this! Glad i did now it's excellent, not only can i view tv on my laptop now but also in lounge and bedroom tv's all at the same time ! A very happy customer !