Hitch [DVD] [2005]
Format: DVD|Change

on 17 October 2011
I'll never grasp, why they usually sell DVD for nearly ten Euro and here you can buy two really good films for about half of that. I must admit, I was suspicious, but I watched both films and didn't find "a hook on the whole thing" (only for Germans). Ok, the cover is paper not plastic, but usually I don't put my movies in the bathroom, so they never get wet, and it doesn't matter.
"Sleepless in Seattle": To watch this film you can choose between german, english, french, italian and spanish and even more subtitles (dutch, portuguese, arabic, czech, danish). I have seen this film before, (of course), it's going to become a "Klassiker" (for women, I cannot imagine any man watching it - not much action in it, but lots of emotions.) There are so much wonderful moments, when she peels an apple, or is hiding in the cupboard listening him in the radio. It's a really good film about love, even if the both becoming lovers never kiss each other until the end of the film. Of course, in a very american way there are too many coincidences to be true, but it is a film after all, and no one should expect it to be like real life. I'm very fond of this film, especially when the weather is cold and you sit warm and cosy in your room.
Hitch: This film you have to watch in english, but you can choose subtitles also in dutch, arabic, bulgarian, croatian and greek. I must admit, it doesn't seem to make sense to sell two films together with such different languages, unless you want to inspire people to learn more foreign languages, what would be a fine intention for more understanding in the world or at least in Europe.
The film is worth watching too, I think even for a man, there are a lot of funny moments, and besides it shows, very authentic, what one must do to get love, how it is easy going if you are really interested in the other person, how the process of learning to know someone change yourself and about how you must have the courage to show yourself also.
Besides you can learn a lot of american way of life (years ago) and language, very funny indeed.
on 15 February 2006
Will Smith is funny and likeable in this comedy. Even got a few laughs out of my miserable boyfriend! Great for a lazy night in front of the telly
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 August 2009
This is a perfectly cast and musically scored movie. It is the story of a "Date Doctor" or charm teacher who assists clients in hitting it off with the women of their dreams, the plot develops with Hitch dispensing advice, setting up the most unlikely of people, before becoming drawn himself to his nemesis in the form of a love cynic gossip columnist. While you could guess the ending ahead of time there is genuine entertainment and fun to he had watching every moment until the finish.

The highs and lows and twists and turns of all the relationships featured, the clients Hitch will and wont help, the featured accountant who hits it off with a globe trotting celebrity, the serial dater, Hitch himself and his love cynic gossip columnist all act as vehicles to compare and contrast styles, character and have fun. There are moments where the acting surprises, in a movie of its kind I really didnt expect to see Smith or others convincingly playing it from the heart, the impact of looking for love is portrayed in a way that I'm sure most men and women could relate to. The pairing of Smith and James works as well as the pairing of the leading men and leading ladies, they are two comedy geniuses and right for the roles.

The sound and music is perfectly selected a mix of classic soul music and more modern dance tracks, there has also been some great selection and use of instrumentals for scene setting. The soundtrack is also available on Amazon Hitch - Music From The Motion Picture.

Is it a his or her movie? Well, I dont believe it could be classed as a chick flick, its not an action movie by any stretch of the imagination but there is enough material which any man should be able to relate to, getting it totally wrong on a date when everything doesnt work out according to plan. Besides the content the popularity of the dating advice books available on Amazon alone should indicate it would be a hit with both men and women, in all likelihood there is as much insight to be gathered from this movie as any of those books in less than half the time.
on 4 March 2009
Just thought i would share my experience in purchasing this blu-ray disc from Amazon...item arrived in good time,but when opened packaging item was second hand disc and box.
Item was previously sold by game station..so not very happy to say the least.
Will be promptly returning the disc.
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 October 2005
This is a highly amusing film and thoroughly enjoyable. Will Smith plays an excellent starring role. This is a perfect film for watching on a relaxing Friday evening.
on 18 July 2005
I saw this film with my girlfriend and we both agreed this film was great. It took a little while for the film to get going but once it did I just kept on laughing. I feel this film does appeal to both a male and female audiences so its a good one to watch with your other half. I would say this film would be a good one to buy or atleast a rent, ive got it on dvd and its definatly a good one in my collection.
on 13 October 2005
This is not a classic don't get me wrong, but is a great film to warm your heart! Definately not for the Cynics out there but great for the classic romantics like me.
on 11 April 2005
I watched the film today and when I got home I went on the net looking to buy the DVD. It was the funniest film I have seen for a long time, with an excellent script and a good cast.
on 23 September 2005
No it isnt. A good movie which actually leans towards men. Hitch is a guy who gives fellas advice on how to win over the girl of their dreams.
Very funny in parts with a good story and a great cast
on 29 January 2017
Not really into rom coms, and not a big fan of Will Smith yet he does end up in some good films, and this one is no exception. Caught a little bit of it on TV and watched to the end, caught it again and then bought it which for me to do in a very short space of time must mean it is good!

Sure some of it makes me cringe a bit, some of the comedy not subtle, but the storyline is good, the characters if not the acting good, and gotta love the ending - can't beat a bit of Heavy D and the Boyz, you rarely find a film with a great tune or more in it that is naff. On which note I may just go and check out the Tuxedo price, not a fan of Jackie Chan but love Exploration of Space and the plot of that film. May also just check my memory banks for if that great tune 'qualifier' works