Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 May 2010
I have had the pleasure of being present at a Stevie Brookstein gig and wasn't surprised at the reception he got and prolonged applause at the shows end because of his great soulful voice. Me and the misus and friends have since seen Steve performed time and again and have never been disapointted, like an earlier review how this guy is not a multi platinum seller of cd's is beyond me give some of the so called singing artists performing today. I have a taste for soul music and would line Stevie up against the USA's Michael Mcdonald and Daryl Hall, along with the UK's soul man Kenny Thomas, what a show that would be, how about arranging a soul festival that lasts all day in the summer with that line up, BRING IT ON.. Steves follow up album 40,000 things is a must have for soul fans, Wont Last a Day Without You and All Turned Out Nice Again are a must listen, Ooh baby baby on Heart and Soul is the stand out for me. Keep it going Steve. Kevin in Essex
on 19 January 2010
A bargain buy. Was pleasantly suprised by this cd. I didnt like every track but some of them were really good. I bought it as a gift for someone who liked the first track dance with my father. His version of yah mo b there is really good. His voice is great and very natural. Will be looking out for more stuff.
on 27 March 2013
This album is unique, from the point of view that here is a vocalist with world-class talent on a label that is well tested, but the outcome is tragic. SYCO music have withdrawn the debut album, due to clashes of personalities and egoes, and now everyone is a loser.

I had never heard of Steve Brookstein before enjoying a Valentines Night gig where he was a guest but wow did he impress, not only me but the whole audience. His voice is amazing and is complimented by a great personality too.

I have just played it through and every track delivers, so I instantly came to my computer to order the last copy from Amazon which I will keep for a worthy recipient in the future.

After Simon Cowell perhaps Steve wants someone who is not a quitter and who will promote him in the way he deserves. Bottom line is : Great voice, great guy, great album but no longer available.
on 26 September 2006
It is with regret that this album was my debut. However, if i had said 'no' to doing it I doubt 40,000 things would have been recorded and that album is my pride and joy!!!! Heart and Soul, will appeal to those enjoyed my singing on the X Factor. The vocals are generally very good with a couple of great productions. Stand out tracks are 'Until You Come Back to Me', 'Against All Odds' and 'Dance With My Father'. As a showcase for my voice it is 4 stars, but due to the lack of originality I can only give it 2. I hope it doesn't leave a lasting mark on me as an artist.
22 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2012
This album has been spoilt by comments made by the two gentleman concerned - both appear to be hotheads.
The songs and the arrangements are beautiful and Mr Brookstein has a pleasant husky tone that suited these tracks.
I can't understand how someone feels that their first big album should contain their own material. It might be good but surely that comes when you are established.
Listen to this album with an open mind and I can honestly say that it is a most pleasant experience.
Towards the end of that X factor there appeared to be an unpleasant undercurrent. It doesn't show on this album thank goodness.
on 17 November 2015
After reading his book " Getting over the X " and buying Steve's second and brilliant recent third album , I thought I would pick this album up as well . Considering he was forced by Syco to do most of these tracks against his will , it was worth buying the CD just for " Against All Odds ", "Dance With My Father " and his duet of " Ya Mo B There " with the brilliant Bebe Winans .
on 6 December 2012
Great album by Steve Brookstein :) a pleasure to have in my cd collection,songs I love on this cd are Dance with my Father OOH Baby Baby Baby,Yah Mo be there,Your love just lifts me higher and higher :)

Steve does not disappoint,SO get this album in your collection :)
on 3 July 2015
cover versions. no where near as good as originals. not impressed. where`s your own material ? good voice, what a waste. this one`s binned. my advice, buy leon jackson.
on 20 June 2013
I already had this cd but it was very scratched due to constant playing. Love the mix of upbeat and ballads. It is a shame Steve didn't go further.
on 7 November 2013
Not many people liked this singer maybe it is because of his attiude I dont know. I like his voice and wished things had worked out better for him