Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Magi Opener|Change

on 4 February 2014
Why did I not listen to the other reviews? Had one of this make for about 15 years which had finally given up so I replaced it with the same make as it's been great but it's cheap made in China tat I doubt it will last 15 weeks!!!
on 2 January 2009
I bought this can opener believing Culinaire to be a quaity brand. However, this is probably the worst tin opener I have ever had the displeasure of using. All was well for the first couple of weeks of (light) use, now though the opener does nothing more that puncture the side of the can. You can turn the handle, which incidentally may look pretty, but is not to my mind very ergonomically designed, until you are blue in the face, and still no progress is made. I recently purchased another Culinaire product which performs almost as badly as this one, they are not a brand I will be wasting money on again.
on 13 March 2014
About a year ago I bought one of these thinking it would be 'a nice alternative' to the trad tin opener. It worked well enough, apart from leaving a razor-sharp edge on the top edge of the tin, unlike the trad openers which cut on the inside of the edge.

I am looking for an alternative now, as the handle has snapped off after a year of infrequent use.
on 22 November 2010
Just don't buy this item, I did for a holiday home and regret every second of parting with my hard-earned money for such an inferior piece of glorified plastic...6 years ago I purchased the predecessor to this model and it is clearly engineered to a much higher standard (not made in China) with higher grade components used in the manufacturing process, still performing exceptionally well - look elsewhere is my advice.
on 7 February 2015
Culinare Graphite Magican Opener. I am sure this item will do the job it was designed for. It is however a lot flimsier than its predecessor, which was a chrome metal handle with an internal plastic locking device.
on 5 June 2016
I've been using an existing​ Culinare Magi Can Opener for the past 10 years, and only replacing it today with this one.
Brilliant can opener, easy to use, even if you fingers are not as good as they used to be.

Highly Recommended.
on 3 April 2013
Originally bought one of these years ago and lasted until recently, wasn't sure if I could still get one. Doesn't seem as solidly made as previous one but still does the job and much easier than any other can opener I know of.
on 18 August 2016
Can't really fault this can opener, its very sturdy, very strong, cuts through the tops of the tins with ease. I have no problem attaching it to any size can and once in place its very very easy to use. The only problem I have is occasionally it seems to get caught on the tin and wont make the final cut that removes the lid from the can, so it needs to do a full rotation again before it makes the cut. Apart from that I cant say anything bad about this product, well worth the money.
on 26 December 2012
I love this can opener. I bought one sixteen years ago and only wrecked it by stupidly trying to use it for the wrong purpose. Didn't even research any similar products. Immediately bought an identical replacement.
on 1 April 2015
Absolutely perfect can opener. So easy to use.

See one answered question