VINE VOICEon 17 March 2010
I've had this camera a number of years and been very happy with the results. It has a nice weight/feel to it and a very secure grip.

It has a good zoom lens, ok you can't get super close shots but then it's not designed for that. It is designed to be easy use, drop in your pocket and be reliable. I did miss my pocket though and drop it on the floor --- ouch!! the viewer suffered some damage and a permanent mark appeared - however it still works so it is almost shock proof as well.

I think my wife bought it as a Christmas present for me about 5 years ago and it's only now that I feel the need to get a new battery for the camera unlike, it's still recharging but the charge is lasting less. My PC on the other hand is a lot younger and is already informing me that it needs a new battery NOW.

I've taken lots of great photos with my R717 and it's captured lots of great memories.