Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£8.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 27 July 2005
Many many moons ago, my SO used to play in a band with this chap. They've since lost contact,but it was with trepidation that we bought this album, hoping against all odds that it wouldn't be rubbish.
Thankfully, it's not! It is incredibly dumb but wonderful, full of catchy songs about Job Centres and those single shoes you see lying on the roadside(who puts them there?). Also worth it for the comedy moment where he remixes a radio jingle that I guess he did in leaner times.
If you are looking for a summer soundtrack album you can't really go wrong with this one. I defy you to listen to 'Green and Pleasant Land' and not be singing it for the rest of the day. Oh, and it's not 'The Magic Roundabout'theme that is sampled, it is 'Chockabloc' :D
on 28 August 2005
I bought this just over a week ago now, partly on the strength of the rather charming cover art and the fact I'd heard a good mention regarding this guy before.
Well, like the other reviewer I was having a fairly mediocre day but listening to this cheered me up too and made me smile like almost no other musician has done. Amongst other things that more established artists wouldn't dare dream of doing he remixes an advert for a Bristol carpet factory with hilarious consequences, observes badgers at the roadside that aren't moving, "rocks out with his Fisher Price guitar" and builds a song around a demo from a toy keyboard. And samples Furbies. Brilliant. Heck, the quote from the other reviewer - "it deals with real life issues suchs as carrier bags and fat people" - makes me chuckle even further, albeit with sadness...
I lost that CD within a day of buying it. I got to listen to it once and really enjoyed the 36 minutes it lasted, but after looking for it a couple of days later in the car it was gone (insert crying here). But don't make that mistake - buy this CD, keep hold of it and play it when you're down - I could do with it now, and some more well-known musicians could do with listening to it as well and taking inspiration by making their listeners smile too. Maybe I'll just have to order another copy now.
on 21 May 2006
This is the only album I have ever played three times in a row the first time I heard it! It's not just some bloke having a laugh, the tunes are great, the lyrics are surreal and gritty at the same time, and the whole thing is very very clever!

Highly recommended to anyone with a pulse, a sense of humour, and an ear for a good tune.
on 9 July 2005
I was having a bad day and then I got kid carpets new album through the post. I'm still having a bad day but at least I have a sizable smile on my face. His commentary on the little things in life that most of us sadly don't have time to spot is knowing and witty.
This album unlike a lot of music today is not overproduced and although contains influences from other songs and genres it is safe to say it remains the most unique and original piece of work I have listened to in a long while. He comes across, as a boy you'd like to take home to meet not only your mum but you'd let him meet your gran too.
This album is pure genius. Definitely a worthwhile purchase for anybody who needs a little cheering up and if you get to see him live, do it. He rocks out with his Fisher Price guitar in a way that no one else would manage!
on 12 July 2005
this is a fantastic album, it's so different to anything out there it deals with real life issues suchs as carrier bags and fat people, the mix of plastic toys and making beats off them is very clever (if you were a kid and can remember this time also you can recognise some toys i.e. furbys)
to conclude (cause this is getting a bit long winded) it is a fantastic album that will probably not get the press it deserves so be a sport and buy it ,bi dodd:)
on 13 January 2008
With instant leftfield DIY electwrongica appeal and a demented sense of irony ed carpet makes it all work because underneath it all he is a quite exceptional songwriter. His live shows are never to be missed and this first long player captures a sense of what he is on about.

Highly recommended !
on 12 November 2012
Bought this after hearing a track on Spotify.

It's weird - very weird - But good.

Worth a listen or picking up at a knock-down price