on 2 June 2006
Well to start off, I love this band, and make no bones about it. My Dying Bride have got me through a lot of hard times and Aaron was on the stereo pleading with his sorrowfilled voice to push myself and see that there is romance in the world - But not Mills & Boone romance. The kind of love that rips out your heart and casts it into the ocean.

So I decided to get this anthology - And at £10 for 3CDs its a complete bargain. You don't get that many extras that aren't on the Albums or a few EPs but hey, who cares. Like me you are an avid fan of the feeling of tortured souls that eminate from Andrew Craighan's strings and Aarons moans. You get a booklet with a complete history, a poster and 3 separate CD sleeves all nicely packaged in a nice box with Aaron's own artwork. If you are indeed a true fan, you will get this anyway, and if you are new to MDB, it's not a bad place to start off with virtually all the good tracks culled from the Albums.

Wait 'til Dusk, pour a glass of red Wine, take the phone off the hook, lock the doors and Put the 3 CDS on CD changer. Watch out for 'The Cry of Mankind','Turn Loose the Swans' and 'The sexuality of Bereavement'.

Enjoy the Gloom!
on 4 September 2005
My Dying Bride are quite possibly the most innovative and under rated bands of the early 90's through to the present day. There discography is vast stretching through from their brutal death metal roots to their dirgey, melancholic and atmospheric doom. They are quite possibly one of those few bands than when you listen to them you are quite literally put in a different perpective of life and you are completely moved emotionally, and this is just what makes this band quite incredible. If you are un-familiar with this band and want to check them out then buy this, you wont regret it. These is a nicely put together compilation album that features the majority of the bands most provocative material. It's not a best of though, despite the fact many of the bands classic tracks are included it is in fact mostly a random pick of songs that sum up the sheer diversity of this imense band, and it does more than justice in that respect. The whole package is beautifully made and contains a very in-depth inteview with the bands frontman, Aaron Stianthrope.
If you are new to My Dying Bride hand over some cold hard cash and listen to this elephantine soundtrack full into depths of despair and terminal bleakness, or if like me you are already a fan and looking to complete the rest of their back catalougue I would still cash in for this.
My Dying Bride create timeless music that send an unearthly chill down your spine, at times disturbing and at other times beautiful, it could well change mankind forever more.
on 22 June 2008
This is perfect for those who want to give My Dying Bride a whirl, or for the fan who only owns one or two albums. There's a nice mix of old and new material here, as well as a few live tracks and remixes. Unfortunately, only the remix of "My Wine in Silence" is an improvement on the original, so there's very little here for the hardcore fan, other than the 40-page booklet and the gorgeous packaging.

Even given that, I still have no hesitation giving this album a full five stars!