on 15 July 2008
I think this DVD is fantastic for the beginner of golf or for someone like me that has not played for 5-6 years, as a refresher on the fundamentals of how to put a round of golf together.

All the basic aspects of golf are covered from TEE to GREEN, DRIVING to PUTTING and the correction of Bad shots such as HOOKS and SLICES (with an explanation of where they come from).

Gary McCords presenting style is just up my street - not condesending or patronising - just witty and to the point.

I watched it a few times and took the advise to the driving range and hit some far better, consistent shots than i did the week before - Perfect - just what i wanted - 5 stars.

By the way, the rating of goods on Amazon is important it is what we all use to decide whether or not we are going to buy - I cannot believe the Guy who rated this DVD a two because it did not help low handicappers. It says on the cover GOLF for DUMMIES - what exactly were you expecting??
on 31 October 2016
on 1 November 2009
I purchased this DVD because I already had the book. The best thing in the book was the exercises by Paul Callaway, a physical therapist, but this section was missing on the DVD. It does have some good advice and practice drills though and I'm sure anyone will improve thier game.
on 29 January 2012
I'm not a golfer, but I bought this as a Christmas present for my cousin who has recently taken up golf. He has found the easy to follow programme really helpful, and his golf swing and putting has really improved.
on 27 May 2015
Great to refer back to and saved me a fortune in lessons. I actually bought this for my daughter and ended up watching it and improving my game by 5 shots. Very easy to understand, put it in to practice and improve by 5 shots at least.

cheers
on 8 December 2009
This DVD has a nice relaxed style and the presenter is humourous but still authoritative. But as with many golf lessons via DVD - and indeed books - it's all very well watching, but the question will always remain, 'Can I put it into practice?' And the answer to that will only come on the course or with a one to one lesson with a pro. This DVD doesn't bridge the gap.
on 26 February 2015
alright.
on 4 March 2015
good
on 16 May 2009
Explains very straight to the point and moves on to the next section without getting boring. Good basic information that will benefit high handicappers.
on 17 January 2015