on 25 April 2015
This has to be the best ever Blu-ray / DVD concert I have ever bought .....WOW!!
The sound, the picture quality it is second to none.

Onto the concert itself, at a running time of 2hrs:45 mins this has to be the longest concert released on BR I think. The set list is absolutely amazing, they play 15 of there biggest much loved Eagles songs plus 3 new ones since there come back in the mid 90s. What you also get is songs from Frey, Henley & Walsh, solo careers including the amazing 'Boys Of Summer' [check that out] plus 'Dirty Laundry' 'You belong to the City' & 'Life's Been Good' and 'Rocky Mountain Way' to name a few but it doesn't have 'The Heat is on' probably Frey's biggest solo record or 'True Love' but hey you can't have everything.
You can clearly see they enjoy what they do and having a great time doing it! The chemistry between them is really good to see. Joe Walsh really steals the show as he is such a comedian he brings a lot to the show and without him probably wouldn't be as much fun so respect to him my man. They all have such a good time and this clearly shows on this Blu-ray

Brilliant set list my top favourites are

'I Can't tell you why'
'One day at a time'
'The Boys of summer'
'No more cloudy days'
'Take it to the limit'
'Life's been good'
'Life in the fast lane'
'Hotel California'
'All she wants to do is dance'
'Take it easy'
'Desperado'

I would highly recommend this to any Eagles fans old or new you'll be glad i did!!
on 11 April 2017
very good
on 26 June 2016
Loved this DVD, fantastic quality, even better then some produced in the past couple of years, my wife is getting sick of me playing it!
on 9 March 2017
Stunning quality!
on 13 April 2013
Please don't get me wrong - I love most forms of music from Johnny Cash to Motorhead. I have always loved the EAGLES since purchasing their debut LP album way back in the '70's in glorious gate-fold sleeve. I now have all their albums on CD in mini vinyl replica editions.
Anyway I have just watched this concert on Blu-Ray and as expected the picture and sound are amazing. Especially the SOUND in surround-sound.
Now, herein lies the problem (maybe its just me?? please feel free to comment). The sound is almost too polished / perfect.
BUT worse still is the "brass section". I would have enjoyed this concert much much more with-out it. Is it only me or does anyone else agree - I not only found it off putting but even "distracting".
ALSO the guitars (most noticeably Joe Walsh's) seemed too low in the mix. But that brass has left me thinking I will never play this again.
I will just have to suffice with regular visits to my CD's.
Now only if they would remaster these on SACD in 5.1 sound..........
on 25 October 2013
I have a high-end system.
Including a Mcintosh Bluray, a Halcro processor, 4 Chord amplifiers, B&W Diamond speakers, all linked with Nordost Odin cables.
Very few bluray have the quality of image/picture and sound of the Eagles- A Farewell Tour.
This is a bluray to listen many times.
I also suggest two other bluray.
Joe Bonamassa - An acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House.
Yanni Live - The Concert Event.
on 14 October 2010
Having been a fan since seeing the Eagles live at Bingley Hall Stafford, England in May 1977, I had only relied on LPs (Remember those?)and CDs. This was my first Hi Def music DVD and the quality was stunning. Its nice to see that all the members of the group have matured with grace. Just good quality music without the need to prance about like over aged teenagers. The sound and image quality are superb. It was like having your own personal concert it your living room. My only hope after watching them live in the Manchester arena, England in 2009, is that they consider releasing a new Blu-ray DVD of the Road out of Eden tour. It would be a delight to have some new tracks to compliment the superb old tracks on all their current DVDs. However that said if you are going to buy only one Eagles DVD then the Farewell Tour is for you.
on 16 July 2005
WHAT A FABULOUS CONCERT CAPTURED SO WELL ON THIS DVD. THE SOUND QUALITY IS WORTH IT'S COST ALONE,THE VISUALS AND ATMOSPHERE,A BONUS.
THESE ARE WONDERFUL MUSICIANS IN ALL RESPECTS AND AS A JAZZ FAN, FIND THEIR INTERPRETATIONS MOST ACCEPTABLE. THIS ALBUM EVEN EXCEEDS "HELL FREEZES OVER" AND THAT WAS SOME ALBUM TOO.
THANKS TO ALL CONCERNED FROM A FAN GOING BACK TO THE MID SEVENTIES.
on 26 February 2014
This DVD WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! THE GUITAR MUSIC WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. 30 BRILLIANT SONGS AND THE CONCERT LASTED NEARLY 2 AND THREE QUARTER HOURS! HOW IS THAT FOR VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!!!!
MY FAVOURITE SONGS WERE THE CLASSICS, LYIN' EYES, HOTEL CALIFORNIA, AND TAKE IT EASY.
CROWD PARTICIPATION WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! PICTURE QUALITY AND SOUND, WERE EXCEPTIONAL, YOU WOULD THINK YOU WERE ACTUALLY IN THE AUDIENCE TOO!!! THE ADDITIONAL BACKING MUSICIANS, WERE FANTASTIC AND CERTAINLY ATTRIBUTED TO THE SONGS.
ALL IN ALL I WOULD CERTAINLY RECOMMEND THIS DVD, IF YOU ARE AN EAGLES FAN. THEY CERTAINLY STILL ROCK FOR ME, AND HOPE THIS IS NOT THE LAST TIME FOR THEM. PLEASE ROCK ON FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 7 July 2013
Having read some negative reviews on this Blu Ray compared to the DVD (which I have), I was very reluctant to buy the Blu Ray version. Now... having bought it and watched it twice, I'm delighted that I did. I found both the picture and sound quality excellent. It's probably the best music BRD I have! 10 out of 10.