Customer reviews

SingStar Popworld - Solus (PS2)
Price:£7.90+ £2.03 shipping

on 10 March 2017
Doesn't work!
on 21 May 2005
The Singstar franchise just keeps on growing. This popworld edition actually has nothing to do with the T4 show except for a very short video introduction.
This time round the selection of songs seems to be a bit more solid than the party version (but still dont stand up to the original disc) with a large amount of re-singability for most of them (you just want to get a higher score - trust me!)
There are 2 new features - the first is a 'rap' mode. Now I'm not a big fan of rap so this is lost on me altogether and thankfully there is an option to turn it off (letting you just shout at the telly during the rap bits - much better!)
The second is the medley mode which is a genius idea - the chorus to several songs are lined up in a row and you just have to sing your way through them!! Superb!
The scoring is a little more leniant in Easy mode than ever before (or my singing may be getting better - unlikely!) which really helps out if youre losing in a battle match, oh and the loading times are much quicker.
One thing that is sorely missing is the solo version from the original version, it would have been ideal with a bit of popworld banter intercut into singing challenges. Oh well - this is still a great game, especially if you have the other discs as you can use them as well (hurrah!) but without the medley mode (boo!).
My advice - buy it!
on 15 June 2005
Firstly this is not a BAD game.
The main problem with this game compared to the previous two is that the majority of this CD's tracks are not songs that can be sung at parties. Where the previous two had taken off is that the songs were well known and therefore reached a bigger market, you had people who would buy this for there kids to sign in their bedrooms but you also had people like me (over 30) who bought this simply for family parties when things started to get dull.
The main problem with the songs is that a) they are either little known (Annie - Heartbeat) or b) not a song that you would choose to sing at kareoke (Marilyn Manson anyone?)
There are a few gems on the CD like Manfred Mann, Tom Jones, Steppenwolf, McFly and Beyonce but again on a multi-player game give the mic to your grandad when the song it has chosen for him is The Hives or Good Charlotte.
This is NOT a bad game with many innovative ideas such as the new rap meter, but games like this need to be marketed across all age ranges this CD unfortunatly only focuses on the younger bracket.
EVERY home should have a singstar game but like I say, for kids, choose this one, for parties, choose one of the previous two.
on 19 May 2007
I first played this game at a friends house and we must of played it for hours! The songs are very catchy and the new rap meter is a great idea and its great to have a good laugh at your mates trying to do the rap full speed! To me I think that more songs would of been good but thats my opinion because there are a good amount of tracks on it. Its great for parties and jus when your hanging out with a couple of friends. I have yet to play more of the Singstar Games but I give this one thumbs up to get :)
on 27 February 2011
I love this game, mainly because it has a couple of really good modern rock and indie tracks as well as the regular pop and cheese songs that we have come to expect from the Singstar series. Its easily one of the better games, as the name suggests it is based on popular songs aired on the channel 4 show popworld so many of the songs are well chosen, unless you love golden oldies, then Singstar Anthems or Legends might be more your thing. For a decent price this is definately a Singstar game you should purchase if you like these types of game.
on 6 November 2013
Excellent addition to any Singstar collection (17 & counting!), brilliant party game, works well on my PS3 (backwards compatable model), really is hours of fun. This is a perfect addition for anyone who likes party games, hosting parties, own a compatable PS3 console. It would add life to any PS2 console.
on 13 August 2014
Myself and my friends were talking about games we used to love and Singstar came to mind. I ordered this game (at a very good price) and received it extremely quickly.
Thank you for the great service!
on 5 March 2014
I would rate zero stars if possible. The game does not play at all. Past the Sony Playstation sign on the TV nothing happens and you can't access the game.

NOT PLEASED AT ALL
on 21 September 2010
I just love singing, espcially with other people. We all get quite competitive and I found this one a fantastic selection of songs. I find it very hard to switch it off!!
on 7 November 2010
Bought this game as a gift and was very happy with it - arrived very quickly and in excellent condition. Would definitely recommend this seller.