Customer reviews

on 15 August 2011
There are no real songs on this sprawling, chaotic journey - instead you're treated to a sensory overload of samples and almost industrial black metal. Occasionally there's a respite [most notably in a brief jazz interlude], but for the main this is a twisted behemoth of an album.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 November 2005
Yep, half a year or more on and despite many many repeated listens, this album scares me more than when I posted my first review of it!
Put the time in and this is an incredible listen, dark-ambient music has never been so frightening!
An essential album that I can never recommend enough. I should also add that the track 'Pendulum Prey (Second Incarceration)' is at the top of my 'most played' list on Winamp by a huge margin. This is because of the vast intensity and atmosphere of this amazing track.
Suffer with 'Deleted Scenes...'or suffer in silence. One day you will understand why.
on 6 June 2005
The Ichneumon Method is my favourite all time album. This is more 'dark-ambient' in that the guitars are toned down to make way for more disturbing, scary effects and sounds.
This album needs perseverance, I knew this when I got it (It took ages to get into ...Ichneumon...) and my patience is slowly being rewarded more and more. In a couple of months, this may have to change to 5 stars!
Dark, eerie, cold....terrifying really, the booklet art is all part of the sinister experience depicting images of the 'Transition Hospital' (very similar to the Mental Asylum in the film 'Session 9'). Track 3- 'Pendulum Prey...' has an amazingly intense moment before the jazzy (!) outro which sent shivers through me. How many bands can do that these days?
The Axis owns you!