Customer reviews

on 7 June 2017
Was very pleased with product
on 21 September 2005
This is a delightful love story. The development of the main characters' relationship is charming and well paced. The editing and the music are first rate.
If you like Scottish culture, this movie is a must.
I was so taken with this movie, while over the North Atlantic, that I watched it twice, and missed another movie I had intended to watch.
Five stars and two thumbs' way up!
on 5 April 2005
When Harry wakes up after his heart transplant; he realises he has changed and is no longer the womaniser he once was. He goes to Scotland to track down his donor and find out if he really has inheirited his donor's personality. He ends up staying with Amanda, the donor, Tom's, widow - and falling in love with her. This film is the sweetest film ever - really lovely, with some very funny bits. Ten out of ten! xoxox
on 3 December 2013
Both the stars are for Simone Lahbib. There's a good story in here waiting to get out, but the flaws are so numerous I'm having a job to know where start explaining them. Sadly I must say that one is Angus as the romantic lead, and there's no chemistry between he and Simone. I'm so used to seeing him as the sarky talk show host that I have no trouble with him in sarky lawyer mode but I cannot see him embraced by the remote Scottish community. I think it takes the p*** out of Scotland, with its emphasis on folk who only serve whisky in pubs, who never leave the shores of the loch they bagpipe round, and know all your business. It recalled the French and Saunders Titanic take off when, pre turning into a leprechaun, Saunders says "let's run away and be jolly Irish people" - translate that remark to Caledonia and it's true of this. I didn't feel them fall in love, I felt the kiss to bed then scuttle is a modern cliché, and as for the denouement.... I felt myself cringing. If you're watching this as a way to bring Simone back to your screen after the demise of Bad Girls, you won't find the depth and forbidden love of Helen Stewart here. It's not a criticism of her, but this telly movie, whose arcs and pacing are all entirely wrong. I'm not sure I can sit through this again.
on 8 September 2007
Being a bad girls fan, I'm also a fan of Simone Lahbib. I bought this film, to see her play another role, and i wasn't disappointed!! This film has been critisized by many, but personally i Loved it! Now, I'm not a fan of Angus Deayton, but he certainly grew on me, during this film. With great acting, beautiful scenery, comedy and drama, this is a must see for anyone that likes feel good films. Well worth the purchase!
on 25 June 2005
This film was wonderful. Cute, funny. The performances were great. The scenery was marvelous.
on 10 August 2011
My husband and I saw this when it was shown on tv a few years ago and we really enjoyed it, so when it was released on dvd, we bought it and watched it again and enjoyed it just as much.

It is well worth watching.
on 9 March 2012
I loved watching this DVD. At the start of the DVD it was very sad, but at the ending it was a happy and joyful one. I think the story was very engaging and understanding of what the storyline was all about.
on 23 November 2015
Load of old unconvincing tosh it might be - clunky dialogue and preposterous plot - but I still enjoyed it. The scenery is glorious and the cast appear to having a whale of a time.
on 27 September 2007
I bought this because im a massive fan of Simone Lahbib. Its a lovely story with great performances and beautiful scenery. Its definately a must see.

10 out of 10.