As other reviewers have said, this is quite a nice looking birdbath. It is manufactured out of fairly light plastic and, despite coming with 4 pins to hold it in place, when it's full with water we've found that it still has a bit of a tendency to tip, (our lawn isn't all that level!).

The other issue that we've had with this bird bath is that it's actually too deep for the little birds - we used to have a bowl on the floor that had two levels and our robins, bluetits etc would quite happily bathe in the shallower water. However, with this bird bath they are quite wary as it's fairly deep. They stand on the side and struggle to reach the water to have a drink, without slipping down, and I noticed a couple allowing themselves to slip down momentarily to get a little wet and then flapping back up. That seemed like hard work, though, and not nearly as much fun as all the flapping and splashing they get up to when they're happy with the depth. Therefore, we've put pebbles and rocks in the bottom to make it shallower which gives us much happier little birds - but it's worth noting if you don't fancy doing that.

Overall though this is a good birdbath for the money. Looks good in the garden and makes for happy, hydrated birds!
on 16 September 2008
I shopped around for this item and UK Bird Care through Amazon were the cheapest suppliers...I ordered the item over a weekend and it was delivered early on tuesday morning, very well packaged, in excellent condition and by a friendly courier...the bird bath was exactly what we expected it to be, was very easy to put together and is excellent value for money...we and the birds can thoroughly recommend the item and the sellers, through Amazon, to anyone thinking of buying this or similar items.
on 28 January 2009
I bought this bird bath because my husband redesigned our pond - but then the birds couldn't get in it to bathe any more!! We realised the mistake too late, and so I've been looking for a good looking bird bath that would be easy to fill, move and keep clean.

This Gardman one fits the bill perfectly (if you'll pardon the pun!)

It arrived within 48 hours of ordering, by courier, and took just minutes to assemble.

It's made of a tough plastic - but doesn't look plasticky. It has a decent sized bowl, which I've filled with water and a few stones to give birds extra places to land. It looks perfectly at home in my garden: the verdigris colouring is realistic enough, and it does look as if it's made of metal.

It's well balanced and not too light, so I don't think it'll blow over - but the stones should help to keep it stable in any case.

I think it's really good value for money and I'm very happy with it. So far, no birds have visited it - but it's a chilly January day and so I expect they're waiting for warmer weather :-)
on 15 April 2009
This is a great birdbath for the price. I was a bit worried it would look a little too plastic but it doesn't look plastic in the garden or out of place. I will say it's very light so it's worth putting pebbles in in to give it some weight. Within a few hours of putting it out I had a few bathers! It was delivered within 2 days, well packaged and easy to put together. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a reasonably priced and nice looking birdbath in their garden.
So - I must have the weirdest reason for purchasing this particular bird bath. A previous owner of my house smashed a fluted cast iron exterior lamp and built around the 2 foot of base left cemented in. I decided to recycle it and found a terracotta birdbath to put on the top- which didn't last very long at all before it was knocked and smashed.

So this resin bowl with part of the central column fits nicely down the hole of the lampost! (It even reasonably matches the hammerite green paint I'd previously used). If you were using the full thing there are 4 pieces that screw together- I think that the joints may need a bit of tlc with a file and some sort of lubrication like washing up liquid-be prepared for a little swearing! I just gave up for the moment as I didn't want the full thing!. It says in the instructions that you can stabilise the bath by putting sand down the central column.

Looks wise the appearance has a fake verdigris mottling- it's not bad for what it is- but it's better at a distance- you get what you pay for after all. If you had a small garden where it was in your face you might be less tolerant of the appearance. You can't see from the illustration that the edge of the dish is pierced all the way round. I'm still waiting from approval testing by Gus and Fats the blackbirds. I dread to think what the insane rain dancing squirrel will make of it!
on 14 April 2009
Gardman bird bath does what it is meant to do! This is our second one (managed to break ours trying to remove ice in the winter). Not as beautiful as some of the very expensive stone ones but still not bad looking. We have had a number of blue tits waiting their turn while the resident blackbird has a really good splash about. Our first one lasted for years, trust this one will do the same.
on 5 August 2010
A bit deep for the small birds, but the wood pigeon and starlings really love it. The wood pigeon will sit in it for 20 to 30 minutes at a time and also lie on his/her side with the wing lifted up and splashing. Seven or eight starlings with more queing round the edge create a lot of splashing. Then it has to be refilled - must try to fit a tap they can use!
on 11 September 2010
Very pleased with the bird bath and price and delivery. Read other reviews and placed large pebbles in for the smaller birds. Previous one was stone but I will be happier with this one as it will be easy to bring in and clean. Seems to be stable enough with pegs.
on 21 April 2010
excellent value. more robust than expected. delivery two days. very pleased.all in all value for money. placed decorative heavy stones on the base as we live in a windy area and have had no problems with any movement.
on 11 February 2012
I had this item for about 3 days and used it twice - the second day I went to fill it up and noticed it had a huge crack in it. I can only assume it was faulty, but it shows how thin and cheap the platic is for it to happen. I would definitely not recommend this item - pay extra and get something worthwhile. The only good thing about this product is the size!