Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 May 2005
I'm not usually one for compilations, but having followed Faithless since 1996 (after a mate gave me a copy of Reverence - what more could you ask for of a mate?) there's no way I wasn't going to purchase this album, not least for the two new tracks and new version of Why Go? I listened to it on the way to work this morning and I'm still buzzing. What a way to start the day! Faithless have taken the time to delve back into their singles catalogue and present mixes of some of their top tunes here that you won't find on the albums (God Is a DJ, We Come 1, Insomnia and Reverence at least - I haven't had the chance to listen right the way through yet). These mixes don't detract from the originals either - particularly Reverence, which includes a super chorus featuring Dido which warms your cockles straight away; and Insomnia, which seems to feel a lot more like their current live rendition than the original album version. So, as a seasoned
listener, who didn't buy every single (sorry guys!) I've no reservations in recommending this. I've not even heard it all the way through yet, but hey, this is Faithless - you KNOW they come up with the goods.
on 24 June 2009
Faithless at their best! There's a nice selection here of Faithless at their best, from the iconic and well known dance tracks 'God is a DJ' and 'Insomnia' to some lesser known (but still fabulous) tracks, and the tracks span their albums and the different styles that Faithless do so well, from upbeat dance to more melancholic. Great lyrics and fabulous tunes from a band who aren't a 'manufactured' band, put their heart and soul into their lyrics and tracks, and have stood the test of time. This is THE most played album I have in my collection and is simply a must buy!
on 28 August 2008
Being a fan of Faithless, it might lead me to being rather biased here when I say this album is simply the best album you WILL ever buy. Each song is fantastic in its own way, but I particularly like Why Go (featuring Estelle) and I Want More (the video is amazing!). Perfect for fans of slightly old-school not-too-heavy dance music such as Depeche Mode or more funky house style bands like Morcheeba perhaps. And, for under a fiver, it's an absolute bargain! You will kick yourself hard if you don't buy this album, I mean it!
If you're not already a massive Faithless fan, then read no further and just buy this CD now, followed by the individual albums.
However, if you are already a fan and you're wondering what this album really offers you, then consider this-
The new tracks, Fatty Boo (feat. LSK, its like something off No Roots), Reasons... (which has Ian Dury on it) and the highlight Why Go? (actually a dancey re-work of Why Go? on Sunday 8pm, but with Estelle singing).
Need another reason? Well how about the fact that what you're actually getting on this album is the radio and single edits of the greatest hits; something you won't have unless you've got the singles or whatever. I personally couldnt stand it when I Want More never really took off on the album version but the single version did it all...
So are you convinced yet? Go on. Get the DVD as well.
on 16 August 2006
I 'm not uinto this genre of music, but my God this is a good album! I heard the chorus of 'Insomnia' on the advert for this album, and bam! I had to buy it. It remains to be one of my favourite songs.

The reason that Faithless have such an appeal to me is that they have a far broader range of influences - 'Bring My Family Back' cannot be danced to. The lyrics to songs such as 'Mass Destruction' and 'Reverence' really make you sit down and think about the world in which we live.

I could go on, but I won't. Just buy it. It's bound to have a couple of tracks that you like.
on 9 January 2012
Love the CD, coming to Faithless very late in life. One word of warning to those to whom it is not obvious: the amazon track-listing shows 20 tracks, whereas there are in fact only 16. The first 4 listed are the titles of samples which are included in the other tracks. I chose to buy this from Amazon rather than elsewhere because I thought I was getting an extra 4 tracks! Not so, but great buy nonetheless.
on 1 December 2009
Dance anthems until you drop, and some heartfelt soul as well. Must have album - we have two - one for home, one for the car!
on 14 November 2006
Just like NO ROOTS this album is so brilliant, lyrics,engineering, everything . The live shows ? Well to those who have never been ???

It's one group to see befor you die. Personaly lost over a stone in brixton academy last december the place was steaming & the roof came off with a 20 minuet encore . Mass Destruction - How far ahead of its time are the lyrics....
on 7 April 2013
What can you really say? Its a compilation....a good compilation...and if you buy it just for selective tracks, or you're a total Faithless devotee, its worth it. Well worth it actually, because my kids (both under 10) are constantly playing it to death.....at full blast.
Way to go, kids!!
on 5 July 2005
I cant Believe that id never really payed much attention to Faithless and thier music untill I heard Imsomnia on the Forever Faithless advert on TV. -Instantly hooked.
So, whats on Forever Faithless?
It has all the released singles from Reverence, Sunday 8pm, Outrospective, and ofcourse, No Roots.
In a nutshell, the Album is worth a tenner for Insomnia, We come 1, One step too far, and Why Go? alone.
Started off as an underground club crew with a number thirty-something version of Insomnia- a few remixes and 4 sensational albums and a greatest hits cd later, you have faithless!
BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!