on 25 April 2017
Unlike conventional stands with fixed degree of inclination, I love how this product is so free and allow customisation by the user. It came with this interesting chart where it tells us what is a comfortable angle to set for our palm size. The coloured thimble at the side was very useful for people who just wants the usual angles which you can find in other stands( 0, 30, 45).

Bought this product not for cooling purposes but ergonomic workstation reasons as this stand allows me to level my eyes with my laptop. It has been very useful in alleviating my neck aches from the hours of coding while looking down at my laptop. Extremely portable and durable. Extra points for the well build base with rubber sleeves. The rubber prevented my laptop from slipping and the longer base allowed my laptop to sit comfortably (unlike other products).
on 18 March 2017
This riser has been amazing, I have felt my posture improve and have far less pain in my neck when using my laptop.

As a student, I can easily spend hours hunched over my laptop, but this has totally changed that. I use it in conjunction with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard and it works perfectly. It is also great at keeping the laptop cool.

The riser is adjustable, meaning you can alter the height as necessary. It comes with a handy guide allowing you to determine a good height for you, but I adjust it so that the top of the screen meets my eye line​ depending on how high the surface is that I am using.

This is great, definitely recommend.
on 1 December 2017
I have tried a good few laptop risers/stands, but this is by far the best I've had.

All the others had adjustable height fittings, but could just never get me the exact height I wanted.
I was forever getting a sore neck & back from leaning/hunching over my laptop and I couldn't stand it any more.
So I decided to browse Amazon and see what I could find.

This stand has the benefits of being adjustable in height from quite low, to really quite high.
It also has, as you can see from the pictures, little cut out sections to allow air to circulate around the bottom of your laptop and thus by enabling your laptop to stay cooler and avoid it overheating.

It comes with instructions on how to adjust the height, and what heights are suitable for whichever situation you may be in. However I just picked the height I found the most comfortable for me. After all, each person is different and we all have our own individual likes & dislikes, so why should adjusting the height of the stand always be set to whatever the manufacturer thinkss is most suitable. Just adjust it to suit yourself and if it doesn't feel right after trying it for a while, there's absolutely nothing to stop you readjusting it. Is there?

It's quite sturdy once set to your chosen height, but to be on the safe side, just make sure if you're using it on a slippery/shiny surface to have a mat or something under it to stop the stand from slipping. The stand has little rubber pads on the front feet which hold it steady enough, but the rubber strip on the back underneath side of the stand isn't so great and the stand will tend to slip if it isn't placed on a mat of some sort.

So to sum up, I like this stand and the price is acceptable.
on 16 November 2015
This is a truly good product. The stand is sturdy and supports my 15 inch MacBook pro well. It is narrower than the laptop, but this is not a disadvantage - it does not have to be as wide as the laptop to support it well. See photo. Make a difference in your posture and shoulder/back pain. Would recommend.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 December 2017
Good value for money and idea for elevating my laptop screen so I can use it with an extra keyboard. I work from home two days a week using a 13" laptop provided by my employer and I don't really want to use the massive additional monitor they've provided as I mostly work at the kitchen table - this riser is the perfect solution; I don't have to hunch over a tiny notebook computer any more and I can use a full-size keyboard.

The stand is much more stable and robust that it feels and is easily adjustable. My laptop fits it perfectly but I'm guessing it would be OK with a slightly larger machine too. It folds up nice and flat for storage too.

I'm not sure why it's described as a cooling stand - that isn't really what it's for. It's a riser rather than a cooler.
on 5 May 2017
I hate typing on the flat keyboard of a laptop and this is the ideal answer. It also lifts the screen to a better viewing angle and gains me a little extra desk space at the front. The build quality seems reasonably robust and I use the leg behind the screen to hold the power supply, held in place by velcro cable tie, and under the V shape made by the stand I keep a 1TB hard drive that runs the home network backup. All in all a useful addition to the desk, and a space saver to boot.
on 25 September 2016
A great laptop riser. It helps get the screen to eye level and offers four different settings. I have the back support on the window sill to allow the screen to be just a little further away from my eyes. For £11 it also offer great value for money. It is not as pretty to look at as the aluminium fixed ones, but once the laptop is in place, you do not see that much of it.
As you will be unlikely to use the laptop keyboard, you need to choose a keyboard. I have the wireless Apple keyboard. Wireless is great as it reduces clutter on your desk. The depth of the keys is important to consider as typing is much easier with shallow keys (as on the Apple). For my old MS laptop, I used an Anker keyboard. It was small/portable and had shallow keys. It was great value for money at £15 for keyboard and mouse. The keyboard was in Australian format so you need to search for €, £ plus a couple of others that are not correctly labelled.
on 11 February 2016
This a nice little stand to elevate the Laptop screen for easier viewing. The stand has has 4 preset angles which will elevate the screen at different heights depending on the angle of the stand. There is a knob to tighten the frame to the desired angle. just make sure you do tighten it and not be fooled by the locating notches to secure the position.

I ignored the "Smart fit" recommendations because there are too many other variable which come together to determine the appropriate angle and height of the laptop screen. desk height, laptop size, seating position torso length and so on.

the construction of the stand is well thought out although not necessarily suited to all laptops. on the plus side;
The unit folds flat for easy storage and transportation.
When in use the stand has little rubberized feet to aid stability.
There are rubberized inlays on the main support surface and a rubberized lip at the base of the stand to reduce the risk of your precious laptop sliding off.

These work up to a point.
Due to the curve and diminishing surface area of the lip and depending on the front edge profile of your laptop. There may not be a substantial amount of contact area between the lip and the laptop edge. a slight knock of the desk or the laptop could jog it loose from the stand which may lead to some expensive repairs.

Does it matter what it looks Like? No when in use you don't see it and you just care that it functions reliably.

Overall: a good product but just make sure it is a good fit for both you and your laptop.
on 10 October 2016
I have recently been struggling with neck and shoulder pain due to bad posture. I'm sure this is because I was looking down at my laptop and monitor. I was able to easily boost my monitor with something I had laying around. I needed to do the same for my laptop and found this Kensington easy riser. When I saw the price I was sceptical but the reviews seemed good. For £10 it was well worth a shot. Out of the box it took me around a minute to set it up with my MacBook. I am really impressed with its sturdiness and it saves me loads of space on my desk. Most importantly the easy adjustability made it easy for me to find the perfect height to work. So hopefully this will help me avoid future injury. I really can't fault this riser so 100% reccomend and for £10! No brainier.
review imagereview image
on 3 October 2016
The cooling stand arrived very quickly - it was here within two working days. It is well built, solid, and spacious. My laptop doesn't slide backwards or forwards on it, and it sits in a good angle for writing (it is a bit like writing on a slighlty ergonomically tilted keyboard). The airflow does keep the computer's temperature lower. I have an old laptop with a weaker CPU and sometimes when I have several documents and websites open it does get a bit overburdened. This hasn't happened in the 6-8 hours since I started using the cooling stand.
The only thing I didn't like was the leg of the stand. It is basically the cover of the USB cable that attaches to the laptop and power the fans. It stands well and is solid, but it doesn't feel really strong. I worry about it in the long run.