on 4 March 2017
Great product!
on 24 March 2014
To me the item seems good quality. The fibres are dense and soft.It fits the neck of my alto sax very snugly and I'm sure is doing what it should. I have been using it for four months now and there is no sign of wear and tear or any fibres coming out. I am new to playing the saxophone so am not an authority on these items. Was told you need these items to keep the moisture out of your sax when not in use so I bought one. I'm not regretting buying this one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 December 2014
These neck savers are misunderstood and mostly used by those who think they are for cleaning out the neck, they aren't. This item is supposed to be placed in the neck AFTER the neck has been cleaned with a pull through, a moisture absorbent fabric on the end of a cord. All the moisture has to be removed before placing this saver in the instrument otherwise it keeps the moisture against the pads of the saxophone that will cause damage. Recommended to a point as it appears to have more good than bad points in use. This review is worth a read, http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/Testing/Padsavers.htm to draw you own conclusions.
on 6 April 2012
This arrived very quickly. It is almost exactly as described, but slightly less bendy than I thought it would be, meaning I had to work it into the neck. But other than that, this is great and I recommend it as a great way to keep your sax in tip-top shape.
on 8 January 2013
Useful xmas present, good value for money.
It cleaned & dried my saxophone well.
Fun colour of red & black.
on 15 July 2013
Does the job and doesn't harm the sax. Just a beginner but ended up with very wet sax at and of lessons so this is excellent for protecting the pads.
on 19 May 2016
This is awful. The plastic end pieces have already come away leaving sharp metal at both ends. This is dangerous causing cuts to my thumb and the cleaning bristles are falling off in lumps. Do not waste your money. There's lots more our there to chose from. This is the first bad review I have posted. I do not normally complain I just shop elsewhere. The item in the photograph looks much to be of much better quality than the one received. It is therefore misleading.
on 30 May 2013
I don't leave this in the neck. I use it to take most of the moisture out and leave the neck open to air.
Good value though
on 1 March 2014
Goodness knows who named this item. It's job is to clean the neck of the instrument of saliva and it does that very well. It is also good at wiping the inside of the mouthpeice.

Alan
on 30 August 2013
I find this neck saver invaluable.
After using my Sax, I dry with a pull through then pop in the neck saver.
I had to bend the saver to fit, it now slides in quite easily.