Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 December 2008
Just discovered this album and its a total mind blow out ! From start to finish the song writing and music takes you on anthemic trip outs and rock get downs to die for. How the hell they we're not taken to the nation hearts is a disgrace. Sure they traverse a miriad of styles but they do it with a style a swagger that makes it sounds effortless. DMBT were a true and original band that deserve your re-newed attention. Get down and smile !
on 16 July 2005
If you are a big Yes fan and expecting the familiar dulcet tones of Jon Anderson, the rhythmic pounding of Alan White, Rick Wakeman tinkling of the ivories, Chris Squire's thumping bass and the distinctive guitar playing of Steve Howe, FORGET IT! I bought this CD thinking it was the maestros and another album to the collection. The title and band name can be confusing. No it's not Yes. It is a band called Do Me Bad Things (I've never heard of them!) and not the title of the album. I am quite annoyed at the fact that Atlantic have released this knowing that it could and has caused confusion and I am sure I'm not the only one who has parted with cash thinking it was the band Yes. The cover is similar in style to the Talk album but right from the first track you know that Steve Howe doesn't play like this. I'm really annoyed about the whole thing. The album itself is okay, I feel that I've heard this sort of thing a decade or two ago and it doesn't sound too original, but not too bad.
on 10 March 2011
price for a great group. so underrated.
CD was in perfect condition, box had a few scratches but apart from that an absolute winner!
on 27 July 2006
They've split up its gutting.... Great while it lasted though.

Great Band!
on 18 July 2005
Well, I purchased this album looking for something a little different , and yes , this really is something different . Youve got to give them credit , as they really do have a 'unique' sound , however , it is certainly not a sound which can appeal to many .
A number of the tracks , quite frankly are just noise , with a mismash of voices and instruments crammed together in a few minutes . They do have a rather upbeat , happy 'buzz' in a few of the tracks but you will easily tire of listening to this rather odd ensemble . They cannot really be put in to a certain genre -perhaps the vague alternative - as they have a kind of poppy/slighty rocky/electronic sound -but it really isn't a particuarly pleasant one ;there not eaisy to listen to .
The worst tracks are probably the opening 'Time For Deliverance' which really is quite awful , and 'What's Hideous' which say's it all . Be warned ... it isnt what you expect , which may for some be a joy ,but for many a rather 'uncomfortable' experience
on 23 September 2006
I try to be open minded and listen to everything from 14th century Qawwali to 21st century rock and pop. I was looking for something different, and although it's over a year since I bought it, I had to comment.

The experience was so traumatising that my ears are hurting again just thinking about it. The main CD is an awful mishmash of poppishness. The only redeeming features are that there is some undoubted musicianship hidden within it, and the bonus CD actually has a couple of upbeat shiny happy tracks that I thought were alright (though I never played them again).

It's not inventive or original enough to be wierd, brave or avant-garde, and it's not normal or catchy enough to have a wide appeal.

If this album was soft furnishings I'd call it chintz. If it was food I'd put it on toast under the grill, but even so it'd never tempt the mice under my floorboards to take it from a trap.

Anyone's welcome to my copy, but it's been a coaster for the last twelve months.

Sorry guys, but YES! you did such bad things to me that I was relieved to hear you have split up.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse