on 11 April 2016
This is really good value for money. The zoom range makes it a good lens to take around and the quality is very good. I use this lens a lot when I don't feel like carrying all my lens around. Well built, good zoom range, picture quality is fine. Price is fantastic for this lens. Two photos with a 40 mm and 90 mm focal distance for your appreciation.
review image review image
on 12 July 2016
I was really torn when I bought this lens. I didn't want to carry around two Canon lenses but I couldn't afford to buy a new all rounder from Canon. So I bought this and thought "I'm sure it will be fine!"

It is fine, but it really isn't great! The auto focus really struggles and the quality of the pictures just isn't as good as it is with the Canon lens. Also the zoom function is very loose and when being carried on a shoulder strap will naturally extend to its maximum.

For a "cheap" all rounder this is a good choice, and I have taken some good pictures with it, but it's not as crisp as the Canon lens and this is especially true when you are zooming.

Overall - everyday here and there is fine, or if you NEED to travel light this is good, if the quality of your pictures is important then save up and get the Canon.
on 13 March 2014
It must be testament to your feedback systems, that I took best advice from reviews of your customers who had actually bought and used this amazing item. I have bought lenses before, but only ever by the manufacturer of the camera concerned. I was guided by your customers and am delighted. My very first test shot has proved to be one of my best photos ever, and a great hit with my friends on Facebook. Thank you all so much.
on 16 June 2014
A very good lens for the price very sturdy feels just as good as sonys official lenses, only downside is when walking fast the lens can slowly extend which can be stopped using a simple switch and is better than it being hard to zoom which is very easy on this product.
The one downside isn't in any way a reason not to buy and I would highly recommend this for any user.
on 14 May 2017
I've been using this lens for over a year now and I would advise caution before purchasing. Maybe it's me and my lack of skills with a camera but I am getting consistently medium to poor results with this lens. Some pictures are great but too many are washed out and not in focus. It seems the old adage of you get what you pay for is apt here - spend a bit more and get a decent lens.
on 30 August 2017
A great lens for my Nikon D200, seen one in a photography shop in Italy but 30% cheaper from Amazon, highly recommended.
on 17 June 2015
This lens is ok in bright light conditions, but struggles with high contrast. For the price it cannot be faulted, but picture quality isn't the same as the Canon equivalent. I find however that works well with my Canon 1000d which may indicate you shouldn't expect too much as it was designed for the older generation DSLR. One distinct advantage is the light weight.
on 28 July 2014
thank god i woke up and bought one" makes day to day shooting SO much easier, no stopping, finding a place to put your bag down, change lens, and get back on the road, also drastically cuts down the risk of getting nasties in the camera body! HAPPY DAYS!
on 28 February 2013
I bought this to replace the stock lens that came with my Sony Alpha 200 (SAL1870) and I'm really happy with it. The images are visibly better and I've got a greater range than before, so less changing lenses. It works just as well close up as at zoom.
on 23 September 2015
Bought as a gift - but I have one and wouldn't be without it.