on 22 April 2005
I was determined to establish a classical background for my baby as she played or slept. No-one puts together a better compilation album of classical music than "Classic FM." I've had people buy me these types of baby classics before and they're awful. But luckily, Classic FM have got it right as they always do. If you're not familiar with classical music, this is fantastic start and you'll soon find it makes a wonderful backdrop for your own relaxation. Some of these pieces are so lovely, I even used it as background music in the church when my baby was christened.
VINE VOICEon 25 May 2005
What a lovely CD full of gentle relaxing classical music, which is soothing for parents and babies. My two sons drift off to the land of nod with no trouble at all. Buy this cd it is wonderful
on 22 June 2006
On balance I would say this CD was OK, as there are some nice, soothing tracks but some are definitely not with strings kicking in or dramatic 'flares' just as baby is nodding off. I have never heard of some of these compositions and though I am no classical buff I don't think I am a complete philistine either; I can think of several tunes off the top of my head which are more relaxing than the ones included here.
on 16 April 2006
This is a lovely compliation, the whole family enjoy it. I am a long way from a classic music buff - but this is lovely, calm, peace inducing music. Great for get together with other mums and babies as it really puts everyone in a relaxed mood.

I have had my moneys worth several times over from this album.
on 20 November 2014
Helps baby to sleep as well as the rest of the family. The music is not only good for nights but also keeps them entertained and will calm them so they make very little noise like snoring etc... Brilliant selection of tracks!
on 5 June 2013
I wanted to introduce my 15 month old granddaughter to classical music. I play it in the background when we are playing and often conduct or dance to it. She is now beginning to recognise which ones we do this to and starts off on her own. All quite calm or soothing so could be used at bedtime on low. A good compilation but we do have our favourites and prefer CD 2 . Good, prompt delivery from USA accompanied by a polite letter which was a bonus.
on 10 August 2014
Service was quick .This was a baby shower gift as classical music is very good for both mothers and babies especially for calming both through sleepless night teething and even illness . It was part of baby shower gifts;would recommend .
on 11 March 2007
My mum bought me this as she thought it would calm my screaming tiny baby. Can't say that it worked straight off, however I reached for it again when I was looking for something to signal "sleeping time" when I had to remove the mobile from his cot. Sick to the back teeth of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" after 8 months, this was a good alternative - plus you don't have to pop back to wind up a CD...

I prefer disc 1 to disc 2, but my son seems not to care! It just gives him clear notice that it is bedtime, and nothing more exciting than milk and a book or 6, followed by sleep, is coming. Set at a low volume, there is really nothing too sudden to disturb a child, and if you put this on every night, it will all become familiar and comforting anyway.

At some point in the future though, I will be happy to have it on in the house at any time. (Not in the car though, it might trigger soporific memories!) It is a pleasant, varied selection, some tunes well-known, some not so; maybe not suited for classical snobs, but good for people who like a bit of subtle background music. And of course, for their babies.

Additional: since April 08, I now have one disc playing my son to sleep; the other is playing for my daughter!
on 6 July 2013
Bought this for my daughter who is pregnant and needed to spend time relaxing. It is helping not only her but her husband and the little one already has some favourites! Definitely recommended if you enjoy classical music.
on 12 August 2005
I bought this book for my daughter-in-law, who has just had her second baby. The tracks are good, and varied. I don't know if the baby will sleep, but after visiting, and seeing how badly behaved the first child is, nd how exhausted Mum is, I'm pretty sure Mum will relax with it.It's very good value.