Customer reviews

Style: Shopping List|Change

on 16 March 2017
Our children (3, 6 and 7) have all loved playing this from about 2 years up, and continue to do so. The sense of role-play from the idea of doing the familiar task of shopping is something they really enjoy and can relate too well. It's really helpful as a memory game (basically they have to turn over a card, see if it's on their list, and if so they can add it to their trolley; if not, they put it back, but the other players will then have the opportunity to remember it if it's on their list).

It's also very helpful for young children to help grow their vocabulary, with the foods and other goods included on the cards
on 14 December 2016
My little man (23 months) likes this game. He's good at memorizing products by seeing pictures so this game simply helps him think carefully about the locations of the pictures he has seen and then learning to patiently wait until he can retrieve the ones he can remember. Since he is already extremely helpful in the supermarket with items on my general shopping list, the items on this list seem a little limited. I suppose we are kind of playing this game in real life anyhow. The thick card is sturdy enough to last a while and easy to wipe down if need be.
on 22 July 2017
A big hit with 2.5 year old. Teaches about taking turns and image matching and helps her understand game play. She particularly likes the list which looks like it's on a phone!
When she is a bit older the written list with corresponding images will help with word recognition. When she played with a friend recently the friend enjoyed it so much too that they have also bought the game.
We also have the Clothes add on pack which doesn't add much to the game but allows extra players to join in.
on 10 March 2017
2.5 year old son is obssessed with this game. Although the age range is slightly higher, this game is great for toddler development.

Comes with 4 different shopping lists to map the items too.

Friends and family were amazed that our 2 year old new what an augbergine was. Shows that this game develops really well.

Also teaches turn taking and item matching which is great for toddler development.
on 25 January 2015
This is brilliant game, bought for my son when he was 2 and not necessarily played how the guidelines suggested but still enjoyed the same, helps them along with learning life skills in my opinion, we talked a lot about where foods come from and how we end up being able to buy them. Good I think for helping them learn how to take turns.He's now five and we play more or less how the guidelines suggest as he is able to understand more and it still is very much enjoyed. Boards and pieces all good quality and built to last handy when your boy is quite heavy handed and your baby girl loves to chew everything!!!
on 16 August 2017
This is a really good game to introduce your toddler to common grocery items and to learn matching and observation skills. The game is simple to understand and quality of the cards seems to be pretty good so it should last. Requires adult supervision for little ones and to teach them about taking turns.
on 1 September 2017
I've bought this several times as a parent, childminder, nursery nurse and family support. Latest update includes a shopping list 'on a phone'!!!
It's an amazing game to discuss healthy eating, develop pre-reading skills, turn taking and concentration skills.
on 13 March 2017
I got this for my nephew who sadly already had it but having already bought it for my youngest son some years ago I can say this is a great game for young children and one I spent meny an hour playing with our son. The quality is great and is worth every penny, we have purchased more of these games as there are a number to choose from. I had this sent straight to my nephew and it arrived ahead of time and in perfect condition.
on 28 October 2012
I gave this to my twins last Christmas (aged 3.5 yrs) and they love it.

It is a simple game which 4 players can play. Bascially each person has a shopping trolley and a shopping list with 6 items which they have to fill. All the food/drink item cards are face down and you take it in turns to turn over a card. If the item is on your shopping list, you put it face up in your trolley. If not, then back face down it goes. It is a memory game really.

I like it as it's teaching my twins how to take turns and also learn the art of winning and losing. It is great fun and keeps them amused for a good 20+ minutes!
on 25 May 2017
Brilliant game loved by my kids, great at teaching younger ones how to play games, take turns, match the pictures and generally have fun! Love that you can buy 'add on' packs of different shopping.

See one answered question