on 5 March 2017
This is a BIG butter dish! It easily holds a huge 250g block of butter, and I like the depth of it (as opposed to one with a flat base and a deep cover on top, which we had previously). It feels well made, not too heavy, and I like the glass because its dishwasher-proof.
The lid is a little bit on the loose side, wobbles a bit when you're carrying it - and does let air in which might, over time, make the butter taste a bit funny if you dont happen to use a lot of it (we do!!)
Let's be honest, nobody is ever going to get seriously excited about a butter dish .. but the quality is good, the kids think the cow picture is hilarious, it does what it says on the tin. Good value price too.
on 25 July 2014
Butter Dish Cow Vache R1/b24
I have purchased two of these - for butter and cheese.
Both foods stay fresh a lot longer than being stored in plastic containers.
Both foods taste a lot better - we store all our perishables in glass containers in
the fridge and it does make a huge difference to their overall enjoyment.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 May 2017
This holds a 250g brick of butter with room to spare, or a 500g brick with absolutely no room to spare - I love my cow butter dishes! This is my second so I can keep one on the worktop for easy spreading, and one in the fridge to move to the worktop whilst washing the other.

Very retro, very vintage - reminds me of my Gran's except these don't have the very helpful lift handle hers did. Looks as good on the worktop as on the dinner table and is easy to wash/dry by hand for those without dishwashers. My only regret is I waited so long to buy this second one as having it makes kitchen life quite a bit easier.
on 12 March 2012
Bought this because I was sick of using a Tupperware for it. Looks great, it's pretty solid too. It fits a standard 250g block of butter with a bit of room round the edges. Much nicer than anything I found on the high street.
on 28 February 2017
I ordered two of these, one for butter and one for cheese. They are a nice size, simple an uncomplicated and easy to handle. I previously has a plastic butter dish, the glass ones work so much better and the butter or cheese stays fresher. The dishes can be used either way so you can rotate them to have a shallow dish or deeper dish. Easy to clean too. I would recommend these, and a bargain price too!
on 1 May 2017
This is a lovely butter dish. It's nice and deep, and I'm hoping that with it being clear glass, that my lot will not forget to put a new pat of butter in when it runs out!! Fingers crossed.
It holds a 1lb of butter which is great.
Service was great arrived on time. It was very well packaged.
I would recommend this butter dish.
on 25 April 2016
Very quick delivery and just as described. Very good butter dish nice cow design on lid. Don't know why someone said the lid is awkward to grip neither my wife or I have this to be so. All in all a good product at a good price.
on 1 May 2016
The postman could have bounced it off down the street, it was so well wrapped, nothing would have broken it! It's just what I wanted, a PROPER butter dish, just like my Nan used to have, it's well made & looks lovely, ( picture on here doesn't do it justice) Good value for money too. I recommend it, might get another one too, I am accident prone :-(
on 15 September 2012
I bought this dish after my previous one broke after many years. I find them really good and excellent at insulation. I keep it out of the fridge all year round and the butter keeps soft but never melts. I would recommend this.
on 27 March 2017
This is a very sturdy and well designed butter dish. The lid is easy to remove and the decoration and quality of glass is outstanding. The only thing I would mention is that it is rather large. You would be able to fit two standard blocks of butter in this dish and those with small hands may find removing the lid one handed a little daunting?