Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 April 2017
Great Soul Music
on 11 June 2016
This CD replaced the one I lost previously only about 2 songs I really like on this album
on 12 June 2017
Legendary album
on 13 August 2017
Scratched cd
on 26 January 2005
I bought this cd because i heard his single 'Let me love you' on the radio and fell in love with it. I wasn't sure what to expect from the album and i have to say i really like it. It has a few songs that im not sure about yet but all the songs are good to listen to. The best songs on the album have to be....
1. 18
2. Let me love you
5. How could you
The album blends a mix of R'n'B and hip hop in a way that really work with mario's voice.
I would give this album a definate 7 out of 10.
on 1 June 2005
when i got this album it was just another buy from an hmv. but it turned out to be much more than that. "turning point" and that what it truely is, is by far one of the best albums i've heard of 2005 so far. and its june already.
1. "18" with cassidy. i liked this now, when i first heard it was alright, it didnt really do anything for me like the other songs, but it was good enough to be on the album. 6/10
2. "let me love you" when this song was first release, nobody thought it was mario because of his previous hits, the length of time it had been since he has realeased and the strength of his voice. it was definatly the tune to play as the first single and even now (as everyone knows the words because of its long air play) it still delivers feelings. 9/10
3. "couldn't say no" now this song was so difficult to understand because of the crazy lyrics. it has a tight beat but such great vocals... i didnt know it this was right or just was right to me but it works. 8/10
4. "boom" with juvenile. i love this song. the beat. the lyrics. the ad libs at the end and the references to lil jons previous hits and the same style with a classy mix of rnb, made it clear on first listen that it was a "lil jon beat". 10/10
5. "how could you" the second single. yes the SECOND SINGLE! IT HAS BEEN RELEASED!!! anyway i love the lyrics to this song, has such meaning and feeling, mario delivers anyother tight love song. great! 9/10
6. "girl i need" with cham. not the best song. is kinda weak and like every other "checking out/wanting a girl" song. wasnt orignal. 4/10
7. "call the cops" is good. has a good beat, great vibe and some tight lyrics. but felt just like another boy band song. 6/10
8. "here i go again" this is great. the best song on the album. has a tight rock beat and good vibe. makes me wanna get up and dance when it is about staying with someone when you dont wanna. i did take time for me to really like it, but the video as the THIRD SINGLE did help. :D 10/10
9. "nikes fresh out the box" this was a funny song. comparing a girl to nikes really enforces the style of life music stars have. a good pair of "sneakers" are hard to come by, like girls. lol :D 7/10
10. "directions" is a sweet loving song. has a good slow beat and great lyrics, that are clever and "smilers" (they make you smile when you dont want to) its just a great track. 9/10
11. "like me real hard" this was my previous number one track of this album. it has that same slow beat as track 10 by such a real message and feeling. is orginal and unique to mario's voice. i love it. 10/10
12. "shakedown" i liked this because it was a club hit. it was good for a dance and getting ready to. easy lyrical context to follow, anyone could guess the words and sing along within 4 repeats. but still felt like a j-kwon "tipsy" without the deep beat. 7/10
on 25 February 2005
I bought this after hearing let me love you on the radio and falling in love with the song. I'm always a bit cautious of buying an album when i only know one song because it often happens that i only like one song, but this album does not disapoint at all. My 3 favourites are
Let me love you
Girl i need
How could you
This album is the first one in a long time that i have bought and play all the way through, really recommended if your a fan of Usher, Nellys slower stuff and others.
on 29 March 2005
although on first listening I thought some of the songs sound just like the songs on Usher's confessions album, after a few hearings have grown to love all songs on the album, and appreciate mario's vocal talent. My favourite is track five - How Could You. But all songs sound great, I especially have to have them turned up loud whilst driving. Its the best album i've heard in ages
on 22 March 2005
This album is definately one of the best ive heard.
Very similar to Usher - and all the hype about him being the next Usher is deserved.
There are a number of top quality songs such as the UK released single "Let Me Love You", and his next release which I have been telling all my freinds about months ago about how huge it will be which is "How Could You", the duet with Cassidy for "18" is another good song, to accompany the faster tempo of "Here I Go Again".
I listen to these songs over and over again and are bound to please any buyer of this CD
I would rate the album as a 9/10 and the 5 Amazon stars!
BUY NOW!!
on 29 May 2005
This is a pretty good album and I must say I am impressed with Mario's effort. I thought all the songs would be ballads but found he has a very similar sound to Usher. I loved the single 'Let me Love you' and there are plenty of other ballads like 'How could you' which is a lovely ballad. A lot of time and effort has gone into this album and I am pleased with his efforts. Definitely a young Usher in the making! the song 'boom' is similar to Usher's 'yeah' and driving down the road with car roof down and playing 'boom' you would look the business trust me! buy this album if you like an album with ballads and r n b songs. If you liked Usher's album Confessions I am positive you'll enjoy this album. I hope this helped you