on 11 July 2017
There was something about this jigsaw that captured the imagine more than others before it. Clear picture with familiar jungle animals of a good size, not overlapping. This meant that each animal could be concentrated on separately. Helpful discussion notes on the back of the box gave added value, and a pleasurable experience as a result for child and parent.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 March 2018
Pros:
- Colourful pieces, which makes the jigsaw very appealing to little ones
- Big jigsaw pieces, easy for little hands to handle
- The picture is great for helping toddlers to count (eg. How many animals, count the flowers, etc.)

Cons:
- Age group, on the box it says 3+ but I believe this is more of a 2+ . Especially for children who like doing jigsaws. I don't think it's quite challenging enough for a 3 year old that does a lot of jigsaws. Of course every child is different, so it all depends on the child you're buying this for.

All in all, a very nice jigsaw that will certainly make any child happy.
on 17 December 2014
This is a great jigsaw puzzle. We've had it 3 days and they've put it together so many times already but not damaged yet. My kids are boisterous and usually things already get damaged with this amount of play.

I got it for my almost 3 year old who struggles with all the other jigsaws we have at home, which are all 5years plus I think, and even I think they look difficult. She's doing much better with this and I love how the puzzle is well thought out. There is image connection between every adjacent piece. I bought the Melissa a Doug dinosaur wooden puzzle box for my four year old and as a dino crazed boy, he loved it, but it was chipping away on day one and I couldn't see the connection between the pieces. I had to consult the picture yo put it together!! A kids jigsaw! He was still good at it but he's been good at all the more difficult puzzles we have (gifts, hand downs) at home. At that m&d dino one has a high rating but honestly, this is so much superior. I'm not saying don't get the other but....it's just not the same quality or educational value. You need the link between adjacent pieces for there to be real educational value at this age. This jungle one has that.

Hoping this will teach her the concept of puzzles soon. She's sharp with other things but doesn't seem to try and understand with this type of activity. But understands and pays attention to lots of other stuff.

Both my nearly 3 and 4 and half year old love this. It's done about 4/5 times in one sitting before I put i can put it away.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 October 2014
My lo had Orchard Toys Who's on the Farm bought for her as a present and she was getting to the stage where she could do it almost straight away, so I wanted to get her a different puzzle. I really liked the Orchard Toys product so I chose this one for her. It had slightly more pieces (25 rather than 20) and still had animals on it and was bright and colourful. I like the suggestions they have on the boxes for how you can extend the puzzle to other things - counting the animals, what sounds do the animals make, how many different animals are there, etc. Making it much more of an interactive experience.

When the Who's in the Jungle puzzle arrived I didn't check it first (bad mummy) but gave it to her straight away. Mainly because she loved the previous puzzle so much I wanted to see what she'd make of the new one. However, it had a piece missing (the tiger's bottom). She looked at me as if to say "fix it" and when I couldn't, she started looking for a piece that we didn't have.

I was quite disappointed as missing pieces had been mentioned in other reviews and I hadn't checked it. But I went to the Orchard Toys website and they have a 'missing piece' and a 'lost piece' service. I put in the details of my puzzle and was really impressed with how quick they were to sort the problem. Within a couple of days my daughter has a complete puzzle to play with and she didn't even seem to notice that the tiger had his bottom back.

I know some of the other reviews have mentioned about the pieces only being cardboard and they won't last. But the cardboard is quite thick and both Orchard Toys puzzles we have, stand up to some pretty rough treatment from my daughter. We've had the Who's on the Farm longer, and some of the pieces are looking a little distressed on the corners, but I'm not disappointed because she loves playing with it and she has been more careful with this new puzzle. I will definitely be buying more Orchard Toys products in the future.
on 7 November 2016
We bought this along with "who's on the farm" for our 2 year olds birthday present. By the second day she could do this herself without help and she continues to play with it now that she is nearly three. This puzzle has a few more pieces than "who's on the farm" which makes it more of a challenge. The pieces are chunky and do not easily bend. Each puzzle piece has a significant part of an animal on which makes it easy for little ones to piece them together. It is bright and colourful and I highly recommend the puzzles for your toddler! They are superb! I would definitely buy Orchard Toys again when money permits.
on 22 March 2017
My little girl loved it and she loved ding this one on her own, she was 3 when I first bought it and she has played with it lots since. I like the company too.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2017
My 2.5 year old son loves this puzzle. He needed a bit of help the first few times, but by the fourth or fifth time was doing it on his own. Nonetheless he is not tiring of the puzzle and does it at least once a day, and is always excited and very proud when it is completed!
on 25 May 2016
I bought this for my 3 year old son and he loves it. He can complete it on his own and loves the animals. It is bright and well made.

My 2 year old daughter has also started to try putting this jigsaw together and she also loves this. She needs help as it is probably too advanced for her but this doesn't stop her.

Overall a good product.
on 31 July 2017
My just 3 year old grandson loved it, manages to do it by himself with pieces that can easily be explained to child if struggling eg find the other bit of the lion
on 4 April 2017
My 3 year old grandson absolutely loved this jigsaw. He does it over and over.
2 people found this helpful