Customer reviews

Deadwing
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 February 2016
Bloody Marvellous. Introduced me to the world of Steve Wilson. Modern Prog with great composition not gnomic twiddles. Lead me to outstanding solo work. Really happy discovery.
on 17 February 2007
Ok lets get something straight , this is a album from a band in the 21st century not the last! So when some people moan about this cd been too long or too loud they should go back in time and listen to their old albums of yester year. This is music for this time here and now and if you do not like the new aggressive approach to the music tuff! This band is now appealing to the younger age of music listener (OK I am 41), but I can tell you that teenagers are now wearing P/Tree t-shirts not Yes or some band that should be treated with respect but not copied in our age.

Well done Mr Wilson for making 21st Century Rock music for all the world to enjoy!

Can not wait for the next cd to come out, with lots of guitars and as long as you want!
on 13 January 2013
I'd always heard of PT , and know of Steve Wilson from his Opeth producing days + the work he's done with Storm Corrosion.
Anyway, long story short, I saw some live stuff of the guys playing "Arriving Somewhere, but not Here" on youtube and thought, ah well, I'll give them a go.
Not sorry I did...

This is a GREAT album...I'll have to research on a bit and find out how it ranks by general consensus ...is this their Master of Puppets?..their Justice for All..?

Onward PT album purchases incoming.
on 18 February 2009
For me this is the best. Good sound 5.1. Good composition. Good play...
One of the best productions I've ever heard!
on 1 July 2011
Another great album from Porcupine Tree. I have many more of theirs but did not have this, did not disappoint at all highly recommended, only gave 4 stars as it is not as outstanding as In Absentia, but still a very good album.. Also, the Amazon partner IndigoStarfish yet again excelled themselves, great service, well packed and above all great value. Have used before and will definitely use again.
on 18 October 2010
This is my favourite Porcupine Tree album, so I hear you say why give it only 3 stars.

Well if like me you like to listen to music on your MP3 player then you would have wanted to be able to put this onto it.

Well the wonderful people of Sony have put copy protection onto the disc so you can play it in a standard CD player and DVD player but as soon as it goes into a CD-Rom drive you can't play it.

The album is for me the best album and would have been awarded 10 stars but due to the copy protection only gets the three. I recommend that you save your money and buy a high quality download from the bands official website, not only can you put onto a disc and MP3 player but you also get a live bonus track.
on 7 July 2014
This is a fantastic album. Even though Porcupine Tree have their own sound, you can definitely hear a bit of Rush and Marillion in there. I had never heard of them before until a friend mentioned them a short while ago, but apparently they've been around since 1987.
I was looking for something new and here they are! Great.
on 16 February 2010
An excellent introduction to Porcupine Tree. It is a beautiful album. In particular Lazarus, Halo and Open Car are the catchiest, in my opinion. The only track which doesn't impress me is Shallow, which was actually released as a single in the USA. It's OK, but nothing special. I love this album and would highly recommend it
on 20 January 2006
I agree with everything the reviewer below wrote with one exception. It is true that 96/24 would have been a much better resolution than 48/24, but 48/24 is most likely what the original multi-tracks were recorded at, so that is what we get. This is not a fault of the format or this particular release, but of the original recording.
on 20 December 2013
I so wish I had discovered this band years ago, only just got into them after hearing Blackest Eyes on Planet Rock.
And damn are they good!! I rate Deadwing & The Incident amongst my all time favorite albums. Superb musicians, great songs, mega riffs it doesnt get any better!