Customer reviews

on 3 December 2005
I have purchased the robopet and the roboraptor. Even though the robopet is much smaller (and cheaper!) than the roboraptor, in my opinion the robopet is much better in play value. The way it barks and rolls over and gets itself back up again is so amusing!! never mind the kids... i might just keep it for myself to play with!!
0Comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2007
Robopet is a technology and personality robot but of course he acts like a pet!!

What I like most about him is when he stands up and then bashes his head.

A list of 9 tricks

1 roll over; 2 play dead; 3 howl; 4 paw; 5 relief; 6 jump; 7 break wind; 8 rock; 9 scratch
on 21 December 2006
Robopet is the best robot I have ever seen because it can do 9 cool tricks playing dead is the one I like the best because he falls on to the floor and then gets up in an amazing and new way he also has powerful sight, touch and sonic sensors and he kicks roboreptile out of the question but his battery life is very small even if you use good quality batteries.
on 20 August 2008
This is fun and cheap enough to risk with younger (but not infant) children.

Although most of this range of robot type toys have some level of programmability, the most fun is usually to be had letting them wander around in "auto" mode. In all cases, a clear uncluttered surface is very preferable. As is a non slippy one. Some exceptionally smooth tiles, for example, can confuse this sort of toy.

This was fun and the kids took longer than five minutes to get bored. However, if you have the time and money I would prefer Roboquad (please see my review thereof) over Robopet.
on 27 December 2006
I bought this as a present for my nine-year-old grandson and after seeing what it could do I want one now!!

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at its antics; I like the way it cocks its leg and gives it a little shake!

Just like a real puppy but doesn't leave a mess on the floor :-) I would really recommend this for kids of all ages... the grown up ones as well.
on 14 February 2009
i bought this robopet for my son but i think my husband has played with it more, you can command this pet to do all sorts of things like walk, sit, play dead, talk ( well bark ),go to the toilet and even pass wind which is hillarious. It can walk on its own and automatically backs up and turns when it comes across an obstruction. This toy is fun, clever and well made but my son got bored with it quite quickly once the novelty had worn off. It is good for the money and we have all had lots of fun with it so i would recommend it.
on 25 February 2010
A great little toy, its legs are a bit thin so no rough and tumble with it! My daughter loves playing with it, prefers it to brothers roboquad.