Customer reviews

on 20 February 2006
For some time, I had been looking for one of my all time favourite tracks- "Moonlight feels right" by Starbuck. Imagine my delight to discover this album, containing so many other great songs! Is it just me? I was never ashamed to admit liking any of them and certainly don't regard them as "cheesy". It is simply a fantastic compilation which will transport anyone of my generation back to their teens again!!
3 people found this helpful
on 23 May 2015
Well worth an audition😊 plenty of good songs on this double cd set😊 thankyou.
on 19 August 2015
Some great songs one one album
on 2 May 2014
I also have the first cd of this collection and love music, this again has some of the old classics
on 5 August 2015
all the songs you claimed not to like at the time!
on 2 January 2015
Great brings back memories
on 9 November 2016
A lot of memories
on 20 May 2006
This album is packed with great tunes with the exception of 9 - 5. Most of these were done by artists I've forgotten, but their songs were alway's at the back of mind. All I wanted this album for was 'SSSingle Bed' by Fox. There are many 70's clubland anthem's here aswell as general great pop gems. Good stuff!
One person found this helpful
on 14 March 2007
I knew nothing about Sean Rowley or the Guilty Pleasures show, until one day while driving round London for work with a colleague I heard "Moonlight Feels Right" by Starbuck playing on the show. I actually thought Sean was Gary Crowley! I loved the Starbuck track back in the day, and my colleague and I got into the show. I tried to find the Starbuck track and the best I could do was their album on CD for over £[...]. My colleague bought me GP2 as a present, and it is without doubt the best compilation album I have got. And I have many. Virtually every track is a complete classic (except perhaps for the Chas and Dave and Dolly Parton offerings - I presume they are the last tracks on each CD for a tongue-in-cheek reason!) I will be buying the other GP CDs, and hope to go to one of the KOKO nights soon. Just fantastic music from a great era.
on 30 March 2005
Once again Sean Rowley & his team have saved many of us from the laborious,(& let`s face it nearly impossible)task,of trying to find old recordings of those cheesy, but nostalgic tunes from our youth to add to our collections.Here are more quality songs that we were all far too "Cool" to admit we loved at the time!!!He`s assembled them in a 2 CD offering that is "Guilty Pleasures 2".
As with the first Guilty Pleasures album,if you are of a certain age,these songs will all be very familiar to you,if not by their title,then certainly after the first few bars!
I`ts very hard to be critically objective about the quality of songs that instantly transport you back to your youth, & to start anylising each track here would be totally missing the point.
You either "get" the idea of these compilations,or you dont, but as far as I`m concerned, this is "Public Service Tune Compiling" at it`s very best!!!
12 people found this helpful