Customer reviews

An Honest Mistake
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£0.84+ £1.26 shipping

on 14 February 2005
Got to be the best band of 2005 so far. The up and coming The Bravery have released an amazing song. You will not regret getting this single. Better than the Killers. Think of the modern day Cure and you get the Bravery. An Honest Mistake is a sure contender for single of the century.superheroes
on 17 February 2005
This new band is tipped to be one of the biggest things thats going to come out of 2005, and I can't disagree. Their electro/rock is catchy, and similar to the Killers style!! There isn't much out there at the moment, but that should change.
This song is a personal favorite of mine!! Got great guitar right the way through!!
on 20 May 2005
I was orginally going to buy The Bravery's album but after reading several poor reviews adivising me to buy single(s) instead i decided to buy An Honest Mistake and i think i was right. I did this with The Killers album and I had wished i had just bought a single or nothing. There are two songs on this single cd . track 1 obviously being An Honest Mistake and track 2 being 'Hey Sunshiney Day' which I did not take to at all. The problem with the Bravery , in my opinion, is that they use to much synthesiser in their songs and this is how only one of their songs has been a success and the only one which I like because the synthesiser only suits that one song , An Honest Mistake, and after the success of that they decided to be lazy and just do all of the songs with synthesiser and this is the point of their failure. What makes a good album is variation and if all of the songs sound the same and have the same main tone as the rest then people will become bored and switch it off. I highly recommend to buy this single and not to bother buying The Bravery's album.
VINE VOICEon 28 May 2005
Why anyone would want to cross Duran Duran with Echo & The Bunnymen I don't know. But in the strange world of marketing world, the discussion went;
"The 80s are back, yah? And so is 'big rock', but pretending to be indie. So, we need Flock of Seagulls haircuts and synths, Simon Le Bon parping and pretend indie guitars". A few exhumations, a ruined castle and a large quantity of electricity later, we have The Bravery. Which is a rubbish name, by the way, so sack the marketeers.
And the weird thing is, it's actually quite good. Which was a surprise. The B-side is better, 'Hey Sunshiney Day' overcoming it's naff name by throwing in some sixties Lovin' Spoonful to the eighties mix, with the walrus type vocals battling some ludicrous lyrics to the finish, to amusing and entertaining effect.
on 18 February 2005
I heard this on the radio today and can't wait to hear more (presume an album is imminent) - I'll wait before buying just in case their "sound" doesn't pan out how I'd like!
Nonetheless, this put me in mind of VERY early New Order material (except the singer sounds nothing like Bernard Sumner). Nice jangly guitars and a thumpiing disco beat behind it. Lovely! I need a couple more listens to really appreciate it though!
on 10 February 2005
Frighteningly like the Killers, with a slight twang of Human League. A fine driving, swirling tune.
Hope to see more of this lot.