on 26 July 2009
Very light weight with no oomph! Battery life fine if look after battery according to instuctions, it lasted all round a 100' X 75' garden with me.
But that same session used up 3 or 4 blades. I bought this to replace my Flymo Contour, because, being disabled, I figured that rechargeable would be better than having all that cable trailing around, and I was fed up with rewinding line on the Flymo. I have now fixed the auto feed on the Flymo and it's fine.

The BoschBosch ART 26 Accutrim 18v Cordless Line Trimmer is only really suitable for light work like true edging on a perfect lawn. It is no good for doing round the rough edges of an average garden. It can't tackle rough grass any sense and if you so much as accidentally show it a stone or it comes into contact with a bit of concrete, the blade is broken.

Bosch really have screwed up with this plastic blade system, and I guess the same comment will apply to ANY trimmer using it. It is just too fragile.

So, if youv'e only got a small perfect lawn, or weight/portability are yor main concerns, then this may be for you: otherwise forget it.

You might be interested to know that Flymo now do a rechargeable version of the Contour model. I wonder if it is any better, it can't be any worse!
on 13 April 2007
The product was well made and very easy to use but the biggest fault I found were the plastic blades used instead of a line. (can be changed very easily)

I thought it would be easier to use the plastic blades but they wear out very very quickly and do get damaged quite easily.

Product let down by blades in my opinion.
on 9 June 2007
Very good Product.

I agree that the blades break off when you hit something, but many other products I have used have been a lot worse. The motor is very powerfull for such a light product.

Also can use the battery in my drill :)
on 12 September 2007
I wish I had never bought this and instead bought a petrol 2-stroke trimmer. I do not know what runs out first: the silly plastic blades or the battery. If I am lucky I get about 20 minutes worth of battery to 2 blades. On the box power is given in distance - what use is that! You need to know how many minutes you've got before the battery is flat. Perhaps someone could make metal blades to last longer. Or have I got extra tough grass. Do not buy!!
on 27 May 2010
As the owner of a Bosch washing machine, fridge and freezer, I'm generally a supporter of the company's products, but this one is a lemon.

I bought one a few years back and gave up on it because the blades broke so easily. However, the other day I saw the thing lying in the garage and thought I'd give it another go. I bought some new blades and gave it a trial run, and in a distance of about 25 metres I broke two blades. Not good enough.

Just possibly if your lawn is completely perfect and free of any tiny stones, twigs or other blemishes you'll get on OK with this machine. However, I find it so fragile as to be useless, whereas I get on fine with a nylon line strimmer.

I guess I'll put this device back in the garage and forget about it once again.
on 12 July 2009
Liked the idea of cordless and this seemed good spec.
If you have a large garden it just about does it but the red blades dont last long.
I also bought a lithion iron battery hedge cutter which means its lighter and the battery lasts longer so if they do a version of this in that battery spend the extra and go for it.
The blades are easier than a fiddly cord but an expensive alternative.
My advise would be if going cordless try and find a range that uses the same battery which may save some frustration!
on 3 April 2011
I have no problem with the blades, or at least have not since I got used to the strimmer, but the battery life is a real disappointment. Unless one can get a worthwhile session on a single battery charge a battery strimmer is not suitable for allotment use, and the unreliable battery sees me heading off now to buy a petrol strimmer - a pity, as I had chosen electricity on environmental grounds.
on 14 August 2010
i use the Bosch trimmer on my allotment for keeping grass paths down, and it works well as long as you don't leave the grass to get too long. but by far the worst aspect is the pathetic life of the red plastic blades. slightest nudge against a bit of chicken wire, or a border plank, and snap or else it disappears. if your prepared for this, then it's very good on cutting and longevity.
on 27 July 2009
I took this back to the shop I bought it from and requested a refund on the basis that the product was not as described. The box says it does up to 1000m, I don't think it even came close. Also the battery took nearly 4 hours to charge. I am lucky that the sales staff were dim enough to give me a refund and am off to get another corded strimmer. The design/ergonomics of this product are good, but the battery is rubbish - the corded one would probably be ok, but I'm off to get a Black and Decker. I thought that as it was a Bosch it would be ok, but no, I was wrong....
on 13 May 2012
I bought this Strimmer last year and one of the reasons for buying it was that in reviews I read it said the battery from my Bosch hedge trimmer would fit it, but as that is 14.4V and the Strimmer is 18V I don't think it will. The strimmer is fine on average length grass, but I've just used it for the first time this year and it has lasted about 15 minutes and only managed to strim along one border with long grass although once I'm on top of the edges it just about manages to get round in one charge. On the plus side, it is relatively light and easy to use, and the swivel head is an excellent option. On the down side, it must have been designed by a man because I really struggle to get the battery off as you need a man-sized hand to reach around it, squeeze both clips and pull it out. As a woman with average sized hands it's tricky.