on 21 September 2010
Being a Bosch product this strimmer works well BUT ONLY for a couple of years, dependant on use, after that time the battery dies an untimely death.
Getting a new one is no problem, they just cost more than getting a new strimmer complete with battery, how crazy can you get?
My view is it is best to buy a cheap petrol strimmer, around £60, and given the wastage caused by Bosch (throwing a way the old strimmer and battery) not too bad on the environment and you can always refill the petrol strimmer, you have to take the Bosch home for its 3-hour charge cycle.
on 12 June 2014
I did some research on trimmers because I needed a machine to use at the allotment and I went for battery rather than petrol. There were a number of other options but went for Art 23 mainly because of the power, price and the plastic blade.
Assembly was straight forward and battery fully charged in 2 hours. Tried first in the back garden and immediately broke the plastic blade against our wooden raised bed. I have now used to trim high grass around allotment taking care with the blade and trimmer works well not so good with tough grass and weeds. Managed to brake half of the blade but still cuts until battery discharged. I would recommend Bosch should consider a much harder tough plastic for the blade.(My background is polymer chemist). Give to 4/5 mainly because plastic blades not strong enough.
on 12 May 2013
I received the strimmer and promptly began to assemble it. Having followed the instructions to the letter I lowered the item from the table I was building it on and .....the strimmer started!!
Unknown to me at that point, the battery was adjacent to the handle and I accidentally touched the switch which was also near the handle. The result was the split second of operation shredded the instruction book - better than it being a part of me! There was no caution note or advice to detach the battery before assembling.
Bosh - alter your package design before you have a law suit to answer.
on 3 September 2010
Looks like its up for the Job, but this is not!! ,in effect I have what looks like a brand new Strimmer but the battery is now uselessI have only had this for just over a year & it has not had a great deal of use,the battery will not hold a full charge the motor is only good for a 15 seconds,when I buy something like this I expect it to last a few years,but it has not,I have been in touch with Bosch about this & they have not got back to me,I like the brand but this item is a Donkey,I can not recommend this .
on 16 June 2013
I bought this not that I need the strimmer itself as I have two already but because I needed a new battery and charger and it was cheaper to buy this than to buy the parts separately. How stupid is that!
on 1 October 2014
a good strimmer, battery charges very quickly although the battery life is only about 45 minutes, ideal for an allotment, light weight, although has no cut out switch like other similar models.The blades have a habit of springing off if they hit woody stems, excellent that it can be adjusted as I have long arms and standard ones made my back ache.
on 31 July 2012
Assembly easy-but a bit of strong pressure needed to push home parts In use very competent- works well and the blade-spares are included in a bag as well as an extra one on the trimmer itself-last well with care.

BUT battery charging unit needs radical updating.

The green LED light on the charger is not a charge control-it only indicates electric current is flowing and thus remains on constantly while connected to the mains with a battery in charger.

There is therefore no indication of when the battery is fully charged. 3-4 hrs is recommended, but there is a warning in bold black in the handbook that the battery should not be charged for more 5.5 hrs-which makes overnight charging a far bigger problem than it should be when most modern chargers automatically switch off. Very annoying, Bosch! The prices I have found for a spare battery are as much-often more- than was paid for the complete trimmer!

Battery duration figures given(light conditions 500m, medium conditions 300m, tough conditions-up to 50m) are somewhat optimistic on initial use experience-used in light conditions on a small patch of ground the battery began to flag at around an estimated 300m.

The lost stars reflect these battery orientated problems rather than performance.
on 6 September 2010
I bought this more expensive strimmer after reading the reviews and am disappointed. It only works on short grass, and the battery life isn't too good either. I also bought the replacement blades which are different to the ones which are advertised.(they look to be a cheaper grade, but cost the same) A real disappointment!
on 3 August 2011
This strimmer works well, and the plastic blades appear to last a good length of time.

My only quibble is that I would have preferred the metal gauge that my previous strimmer had attached to the base, as I had more idea of the length I was strimming the grass to. However, I am getting used to not having this.

All in all, it does what I need.
on 9 July 2014
for some reason my strimmer turned up without the blade guard so im knackering blades up quickly , but its a powerful , well balanced machine and the battery lasts long enough to do my 3 tiered garden easily - in all its a good product