on 24 June 2005
Considering the price this product produces superb prints. On decent glossy photo paper its hard to tell the difference from shop bought prints, and as an ordinary text/ graphics ink jet printer it works fine. Copying has single touch black & white button or colour button (neat). Any downsides ? It is a little slow and benefits from a USB 2.0 connection (but not much). The user guides are not too easy to use - experimentation works best (I still havent tried to print from filmstrips but slides worked fine). I have read that this printer suffers from paper loading problems but this has never been a problem for me - just take care to fan the paper and load it as per instructions.
on 10 August 2005
Having used HP and Epson widely at work in the past, I consider Epson to generally be better quality but less robust.
We chose this machine as it has separate colours and seemd like it might be cheaper to run. The first thing we tried was just sticking a photo on the scanner and pressing 'copy'.
When set on 'photo' and using the Epson paper, the resilts were amazing. The printed image had a slightly enhanced red hue, but there was no graininess and unless you compared the 2 side by side you wouldn't worry about it. Simlarly, scanning a 7x5 photo up to A4 on the auto setting was very impressive. Having had an Epson photo printer a couple of years ago (which was more expensive and was a printer only), this knocks spots off the quality. Printing direct from camera card is also very good.
Scanning into the PC and back out again was not as good as it was a little grainy, but I guess we need to play with the resolution.
The only hiccup I found was using it as a black and white photocopier gives green printouts, even if you tell it the original is black. I guess it's time to read the instructions.
on 26 September 2005
I have had my RX20 for 1 month and couldn't be more pleased with it. I needed a second Epson Printer and purchased the all in one.
Printing from negatives- excellent
Scanning in old Photo's - Scanned in well and used Photoshop Elements to enhance the photos.
Printing photo's- Good quality photo's
Ink Cartridges- The customer below should shop around on the internet and you can get original Epson Cartridges (required for the 1st year for the guarantee to be valid) at very good prices. I will then go on to compatibles.
Highly recommended
on 11 August 2005
This printer is great value for money. When copying old photographs I found copies were even better than originals. Printing from negatives provided great results. Not tried slides yet. Takes up less room than old all in one printer.Quick to scan with good results. When good quality photo paper used photographs look no different from those produced by photo lab. An added bonus with this printer is the bluetooth facility enabling photographs to be printed directly from camera phones. So easy. All in all you would be hard pressed to find a better printer for the same price. Highly recommended.
on 6 October 2005
I have just bought this printer for my father who has an extensive collection of slides that he wanted to print. Before buying the printer we attempted to find out if it would print from 'half frame' slides (popular in the 1960's) but without success. We decided to take a risk and I have to say that the results are nothing short of spectacular! The quality of the prints (up to A4 size) is excellent, even from half frame slides. Also, the feature on this printer to 'restore' the image before it is printed is amazing.
My father does not have a PC but this is not a problem at all, the menus are clear on the screen of the printer and we were happily printing from slides within 20 minutes of opening the box. The normal Epson picture quality is taken to an even greater level than the earlier R300 which I still have.
To summerise, if you have a slide collection that you want to print from then this is the printer for you. I can't praise it highly enough.
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2005
The Epson Stylus RX 620 has really suprised me by the value for money. It was easy to set up takes up less space than my previous printer and scanner and provides superb results in the printing and scanning of photos, negatives and slides and is very easy to use. It will work well as a stand alone as well as with a computer. The only downside for me is that the intructions focus on the stand alone functions and not when connected to a computer. Works well as an ordinary printer as well.
0Comment| 178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 October 2006
Reading the reviews, I realise I'm not the only one. This printer is great, the scanner's great, the neg carrier is great, everything was great until 10 days after the guarentee ran out, when it suddenly stopped printing & refused to budge. Was told by the shop I bought it from that it would be upwards of £200 to get it repaired & that I should buy a new one - afterall, printers are only designed to last a year or so.

Out of desperation I went to a dodgy looking computer shop on the way home. They replaced a small part for me in 15min and charged a tenner. Apparently all these new printers have an automatic cut-out to keep the quality consistant. It counts how many sheets it prints and when it gets to a certain number, it assumes it has worn out, and won't print until the part has been replaced.

It's a pain as there's no warning before it happens, but it's easily fixed & isn't the end of the world. Don't believe anyone who tells you this is serious, shop around unitl you find someone who can fix it cheap. It's not heavy - I took it to the shop and back in my bike basket!
on 3 January 2007
We've had this printer for a while, and the print quality has been good. We aso bought one for my Mum so that she can print off photos without using a PC. However I've just found out after buying a 2GB SD card for her new camera that cards above 512MB are not guaranteed to work in the card readers in ANY Epson printer. This is definitely not made clear in the technical specification for this printer even though I have found mentions of it for other printers. So be aware of this potential drawback....
VINE VOICEon 25 September 2007
I have had this all in one printer/scanner/copier for about 18 months now and am very pleased with it, indeed. The Scanner is just so much easier to use than my previous scanner (which was a standalone Hewlett Packard) and does not have the constant niggles that beset this standalone scanner that went before it.

Print quality is excellent particularly on photos. Be aware though that this printer is very paper sensitive on photos and will give crap results on thicker photo paper such as double sided sheets. I find that using lightweight glossy photo paper achieves the opposite and gives superb results. The net result of which is do not use heavy photo paper in this unit.
The LCD display screen which gives you the menu of all the unit's various functions is very bright and clear. What's more it is really easy to use too, and it is a breeze to scroll up and down between various functions.

As for space, yes it is a large unit but does it take up as much space as a standalone printer and a standalone scanner? No it does not and accordingly has freed up some much needed space on my PC workstation.
on 11 February 2006
Excellent replacement for my older Epson. Results on all functions superb. Ink usage better than its predecessor. Loads of useful features at a great price