Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 February 2013
I must admit that I never thought that much of Bridge's music...mind you, you could argue that I hadn't listened to it very carefully. Well, now I have and I can honestly tell you that it is most amazing. I just loved this CD. The Phantasy Piano Quartet has a beautiful, haunting melody which I still recall with joy, whilst the 4th string quartet strives towards modernism and indeed, is a very sophisticated and delightful piece. Not at all romantic...but nevertheless a masterpiece I am sure of its pre-2nd WW genre. The music of Frank Bridge should certainly be re-appraised and this particular CD is a good start, I think.
another marvellous maggini cd and of a greatly under-rated composer - and there is another cd available of the other quartets! what more could you ask for?
on 27 January 2014
This is one of my favorite chamber recordings. Gorgeously played. Martin Roscoe is undoubtedly one of the finest living English pianists, if not *the* finest.
on 4 July 2014
Wonderful - would recommend!