Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Worried Blues Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 May 2017
Crazy that I've been listening to Parton, Twain, Jewel, McBride, Chambers ECT for years and somehow didn't discover this truly divine creature/voice/singer songwriter until last month and I feel that I've found the biggest diamond of them all as I like rock like Led Zep, ACDC, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, early Metallica ECT and some of this album, Revolution album and Crazy ex-girlfriend album have real country rock edgy tracks on them which I love as much as her amazing voice and delivery. A calming beautiful and powerful voice and a very skilled wordsmith writer. Real Goddess to!
on 20 July 2017
Great for listening while driving and sometimes singing along.
on 8 June 2017
Only recently discovered Miranda through a recommendation from my niece. Love this album and is a good introduction to her music.
on 20 April 2013
Yes, I suppose I am a bit bias in my opinion as Miranda Lambert is my favourite artist. Although, out of all her albums I personally feel this album is one of her best. It's her first, which is strange because first albums normally 'die' for me. I forget they exist, then when I do remember they never sound as good as when I first heard them. However, this album I suppose is like a good wine, the longer you leave it the better it gets (obviously not the case with every wine).

What made me realise this was one of my favourites, is the fact that nearly all my favourite songs are on this album. What I think is strange though is that this album is more just her, then her other albums. There is only one song on the album she was not a part of writing, compared to her latest album were she wrote less than half. It's also the one album to hold the most songs written by just her. Kerosene has five songs written by just her, whereas the others holding only 3 or 2 on her latest. However, what got me is that this is the only album to feature songs she wrote with her father. When I found that out it made me fall more in love with this album. So for me, if you want to know who Miranda Lambert is and her talent, this is the album to get.

Note worthy songs to listen to are the album's title song Kerosene and Mama, I'm Alright. Because I have already featured these I am going to choose a few songs which are also favourites, starting with my first favourite:

Greyhound Bound for Nowhere

I loved this song from the moment I heard it. It is one of those songs that not only sounds good but everything about it is brilliant. This is one of the songs she co wrote with her father and she actually played on the TV show 'Nashville Star'. This song shows off Miranda's story telling ability in a song. No there isn't any 'clever' lyrics in the song but if there was it would ruin it. When listening to this song, I am able to create the scenario in my head. It is one of those classic movie moments were the actress's head is leaning up against the window of the coach, it's pouring of rain and they are on the verge of crying because they are leaving the one they love.

My favourite lines are 'My hearts analyzing every word you said/Did you take me for a fool or did you really care'. These lyrics sum up a situation like this perfectly. When you have had your heart broken there is nothing truer than these lines. I really do love this song and I hope you do to. The fact that this was one of her first songs and she wrote it with her father, I think makes it just that little bit more special.

What About Georgia?

This song is brilliant. Want proof of Miranda's brilliant writing skills, to me this is the song to prove it. I think the lyrics are superb but it is not just the lyrics that make it. The way the song has been put together I think is brilliant. I just love the way it starts with the four knocks and to me the song would not be the same without that. The music is fun, upbeat and perfect to wiggle around to. I won't pick my favourite lines because it would be nearly the whole song. Miranda wrote this song by herself and in my opinion I think she should write more by herself. She is such a skilled song writer and I want to hear more of her, instead of others.

I want to pick another three, but I am going to limit this post to just 3 songs as I would like you to discover the beauty of this album yourself, if you haven't done already.

I Wanna Die

The amount of funny looks I have been given when mentioning this song is unbelievable. Everyone automatically goes that's a bit depressing or cynical isn't it? However, it is an amazing song, so please do not get put off by the title. It is not about actually wanting to die. Again, this song shows off the talent Miranda has for song writing. She did co write this song with someone, but I still think this song shows off her skill more than some of her later stuff. The lyrics in this song are just mind-blowing to me. It may not be the case for most people but I just love them. This is one of the main reasons I love it. It does repeat itself, more so than other songs, but with each repeat lines are swapped around to eventually make the 'singer' of the song be put in the better situation. Also, i love this song because the guitar track and bass this song is just brilliant. The music is a bit different to her normal stuff I feel, so I understand if this one is not everyone's cup of tea. However, I thought that with Mama's Broken Heart and everyone loved it. So yea listen, enjoy and love!

So that is it. Kerosene is an album every Miranda Lambert/ Country fan should have access to, listen to or own!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 January 2016
'Kerosene' is in many ways a typical Country/Rock album and as such there are no real surprises to be found here. This said, if you are looking for a nice, varied set of songs to listen to by a girl with that gorgeous 'southern twang' in her voice then this is as good an album to buy as any.

The opener (and title track) has got a bit more of a rock edge to it and kicks up a great Bluesy, Country Rock groove by the end and I really like the lyrics to the (I presume) anti-war song, 'What About Georgia?' that follows. 'Greyhound Bus To Nowhere' sounds like an 'obvious Country song about life' but even though it is, as with all of the songs here, Miranda sings it genuinely from the heart and that makes a huge difference lifting it from potential mediocrity to a song that you 'buy into' hook, line & sinker...

Most of the middle of the set is solid without necessarily being outstanding but the album ends with the best track of all, the gentle, heartfelt & warm, 'Love Your Memory'. It really is the perfect song with which to end an album as its one of those songs that 'sends' you and takes you back to moments in your own life you remember fondly.

All in all, if you like good Country Rock albums, a fine singer and a pretty girl to dream about knowing then this album is worth exploring.
on 15 May 2006
Imported 'Kerosene' on amazon.com. almost a year ago after stumbling across the little known (to me at least!) and very young Miranda Lambert. Since then I've just watched her take off.

Lambert, from small-town Lindale in Texas, was third in the US country talent TV show, 'Nashville Star'. The record deal that followed kick-started her career.

Although the album is easily accessible, it's not overly-commercial. Overall, the quality of song-writing is high (there is some input from her father) , as is the vocal performance. All things being equal, this could be the early days in the career of one of country music's genuine talents. An excellent first album.
Following an eponymous album that I haven't had the pleasure of hearing. Miranda signed for Epic (part of the Sony group) and released this album of upbeat country music.

The first single, Me and Charlie talking, was a top 30 country hit and also happens to be my favorite track here. It is about two children who plan to marry when they are old enough but things don't work out that way. Three further singles were released, of which only the title track made the top 20, but the album itself eventually became a huge success and deservedly so.

This album remains my favorite solo album by Miranda, although there is plenty to like about all of them.
on 9 January 2010
Until recentely I had never heard of Miranda,but thanks again to Amazon for putting her in my recommendations page.As with a lot of artists Im not to sure about, I go over to You Tube to see and hear more of them.With the samples on Amazon you cant really tell to much about the artists.After watching the videos of Miranda I came back and ordered all 3 of her cds.If revolution and crazy ex girlfriend are anything like this album,well enough said.Keep on rockin Miranda and keep releasing more albums.
on 25 May 2006
ONE OF COUNTRY MUSIC'S NEW FACES,MIRANDA LAMBERT LEADS THE WAY WITH THIS DEBUT ALBUM FULL OF POTENTIAL HITS.

HER DEBUT SINGLE "KEROSENE" IS A ROCKING LITTLE NUMBER THAT IS BEST EXPERIENCED LIVE(2005 CMT AWARDS) BUT BY NO MEANS DISAPPOINTS RECORDED!

"WHAT ABOUT GEORGIA" IS A MORE TRADITIONAL NUMBER THAT HAS THE MISFORTUNE TO BE STUCK BETWEEN TWO GREAT SONGS ON THE ALBUM BUT IT STANDS ON ITS OWN MERITS.

"GREYHOUND BOUND FOR NOWHERE" IS TRULLY BEAUTIFUL AND WOULD BRING A TEAR TO A GLASS EYE!

"NEW STRINGS" IS A REAL ONE FOR THE DISENCHANTED FEMALES OUT THERE

MY FAVOURITE THOUGH HAS TO BE "ME AND CHARLIE TALKING" - SUCH A SWEET LITTLE SONG THAT IS BOTH CATCHY AND POIGNANT.

ALL IN ALL "KEROSENE" IS A SUPERB FIRST ALBUM FOR YOUNG MIRANDA, WHO I FEEL SURE HAS A BIG FUTURE IN COUNTRY MUSIC.

ps WHAT A LOOKER!!!!!!!!
on 16 May 2005
I bought this CD after hearing only one song, and was not disappointed. This album is guaranteed to have you singing along after only a few plays, and you'll find yourself humming the songs long after you've stopped the CD. From the catchy 'Me And Charlie Talkin' to the slower 'Greyhound Bound For Nowhere', this album is a must for both country and non-country fans alike.