Customer reviews

on 8 August 2017
Great compilation of two very underrated Soul diva's from the sixties - The Carol Fran tracks are particularly excellent - The woman should have been a massive star, She deserves a career retrospective of all her recordings. Sound quality is terrific too -
on 21 March 2013
I was unfamiliar with Betty Lavette. Fine soulful voice. I'm probably going to buy more of her music. As for Carol Fran, I first heard her on an Excello sampler Sounds Of The Swamp. She has a great voice and puts on a good performance as I saw a few years ago at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. It always baffles me how someone this good isn't as well known as she should be considering the number of mediocre 'stars' out there. Nevertheless, her music is available and we can only be thankful for that. This album fits into any soul collection and takes a back seat to no one.
on 12 December 2014
anybody who knows these two RNB/SOUL gals, should have this in there collection, tunes galore have had most of these on 45 which brings me to my one nitpick,would have prefered carol frans original take of [you cant stop me from dreaming] its more raw and extra sax. that said top draw cd, just buy it.
on 10 September 2016
Fantastic cd everything I expected.