Customer reviews

Colour: Black|Size: 30 Sheets|Change

on 7 April 2015
Don't waste your money on any other 2 hole puncher. This is the best I have used and it's well worth paying the higher price for something that is very well designed and built to last, whether it's for personal use or office.

The paper alignment guide is sturdy and very clear to read what paper size you have adjusted it to. Big lever to reduce effort. Can handle around 30 sheets of paper and punches very clean holes every time. Elegant and high quality metal design - looks good on the desk and quality is guaranteed for 10 years. At the end of the day, the design of this puncher allows you to be very efficient and is easy to use with large amounts of papers.

The only downside so far, is like other reviewers have mentioned. The height of the puncher is about 10-10.5cm extended, so will not fit in many drawers (unless you use the cheap and nasty packaging strap that it arrived in). It would be nice if it came with a good quality clip to allow it to be stored in a drawer in the compressed state.
I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to documents around the house and tend to hold onto most things that are important and keep them filed away. Often thick stuff like policy documents etc

After my metal punch finally gave up after almost ten years of solid service I had to start looking for another which seemed to vary wildly in construction and design.

I chose this one for three reasons:

1. Metal Construction
2. Bold colour (I chose Blue)
3. Easy to see paper size guide

Well I am quite happy with my purchase. The metal construction is solid and it doesn't feel flimsy. What I particularly like about the design though is that the underside at the rear is shaped to allow you to grip it one handed so should you nto use it on a desk it is easy to hold and operate. I though this was a really good touch to be honest.

The colour is really nice and the paper guide is easy to read. I don't understand why they aren't all like this.

It states the max capacity is 30 sheets at 80gsm. I haven't counted the sheets I've punched but it handled everything well including my recent mortgage policy bundle.

Overall very happy with my purchase and I recommend this punch.
on 26 August 2017
Well made, and the guide bar locks into position, so all the holes line up precisely. The handle is well shaped and big enough so you can use the heel of your hand and get good leverage. The tray for collecting the punched holes is a reasonable size, and only hinges open at the rear, minimising the risk of spilling the contents all over the place.
on 2 March 2012
Purchased this as I regularly make up training packs of 135 pages - so thought this would be ideal as it claims to punch 65 sheets at a time. It doesn't. 65x80gm sheets of paper barely even fit in the punching gap, and once in, the punch cannot be brought down. The maximum that this punch deals with comfortably is 40 sheets of 80 gm paper.

It's not a deal breaker; but it is the reason I have given it three stars - if they were honest about it's capacity, it would have achieved four stars.

The item itself is well made and solid. The paper guide is quite substantial and stays firmly in place when adjusted to the sizes I was using (A5 and A4).

I had looked at several other high capacity hole punches in a well known stationers yesterday before ordering this one, and feel that it is definitely of a better standard, and feels like it will last a good while.

All in all, I feel it is a good purchase, and have used it to successfully punch approximately 2000 sheets so far (it only arrived this morning -thanks to Amazon's premium delivery service).
I read quite a few reviews before I settled on this one as my choice of new hole punch. As a Uni student I find I am punching more holes than I ever imagined, so needed to invest in a new one as my old one was very tired and not working too effectively.

This really is a workhorse when it comes to punching holes. I like the sturdy build quality and imagine longevity will be excellent, though I have only just bought it and this is an assumption at this moment in time.

It punches holes with ease and although the base was a little fiddly to remove the first time I tried it, to empty it, by the 2nd removal I had got the hang of it.

I really am impressed and think it is excellent value for money. It also looks so nice its now on display on my desk.

A great purchase.
VINE VOICEon 24 February 2012
Prior to ordering the Leitz 5180 2-Hole Punch, I was using another branded puncher, that had been held together by packing tape and a paper clip, having previously undergone various niggly repairs. The build quality was awful, and it only lasted one month of use before it's first snap.

I've now had the Lietz 5180 2-Hole Punch for a few months, and it's still as smooth as the day I received it, slicing through wads of paper with apparent ease. The lever action is smooth, as is the release, and the handle/grip is superior to other punchers, meaning my hand doesn't slip off with a particularly tough punch, not that the Lietz 5180 seems to find any quality of paper/light card particularly tough to punch. The guide slights easily, but stays still when in a notch and I am impressed with the overall build quality; it doesn't feel cheap, and seems built to last.

Basically, the Lietz 5180 is everything you expect in a 2-hole punch.
on 18 April 2015
I had my prfevious punch since I was at school, and without going into details that was a long time ago. It gave up finally so having read all the reviews I bought this one. What a splendid bit of equipment. I previously had to use all my weight to get through a maximum of four pages, and now this takes a good number and is an easy action. Very well made - sturdy yet compact. Very happy with this and I'm sure it will last for years - probably see me out!
on 29 July 2017
This is an amazing little piece of equipment as it has four settings which pulls out from the side. Its quite small so easy to store rather than a large one and although small can punch quite a few sheets at a time, brilliant.
on 29 June 2014
not sure what you can say about a hole punch, It punches holes in paper although this one will only do a certain number of pages at a time, I didnt count how many, someone may have done so but I really couldnt be bothered. It light weight. and punches just two holes so if you have one of those binders that requires more then this is not the hole punch for you.

Its adjustable so you can switch from say A5 to A4 which is a handy thing to be able to do.

Its a hole punch
on 22 April 2017
A very good quality hole punch that is very well made and strong. Much better value that cheaper smaller onesas.It looks as though it will last for years as have ones I have had before, Ideal for home or an individual in an office