Format: Audio CD|Change

This record is destined to be the soundtrack to my summer. I've been driving around for the past few weeks with my windows down and Jack on my stereo. It's the sort of record that was made for summer living. It's so summery that it even has the ability to transport you to a sunnier place where you're strapping your board to the top of some beaten up truck, and looking forward to an evening of erm, relaxing. Jack's acoustic guitar is beautifully recorded here, with his hushed vocal drifiting over the top. The one thing that really impress are the lyrics. Poignant, life affirming, never struggling to rhyme. It's actually unusual in this day and age to play a record and be able to understand what the songwriter is saying in each song. Modern lyrics tend to be lttered with so many crap metaphors, that jack's approach is simply refreashing. Anyone that can listen to "If I could" and not be moved, must have a heart of stone. Similarly anyone that can listen to "Banana pancakes" and not smile, might actually be dead.
Jack's style of songwriting is very simple. Don't expect anything too complex now. I would hate people to buy this record expecting the wheel to be re-invented. However it will the best pair of wheels you'll buy this summer.
on 16 April 2006
Jack Johnson is, without doubt, one of the greatest acoustic artists there has been. Each and every song is written thoughtfully by him, and then complimented with a relaxing guitar and chilled out voice. Johnson simply creates the most mellow mood with the best songs you will ever hear. True to life songs about love, life and relationships; anyone can relate to these chilled out tunes. he is finally getting the deserved recognition, and he was voted best USA newcomer at the BRIT's. Johnson has reched number 1 with this excellent album, and after hearing his first single 'Good People', I did'nt hesitate to buy it! I am not disappointed, and will be listening to it for a while yet! Excellent
on 7 March 2006
yet another great album from jack johnson, however this isnt the best, and people should look into his other albums, they should also try his friend "ben harper" who is also awesome, highlights of this album include:
3. Banana Pancakes
4. Good People
6. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
7. Staple It Together
on 4 December 2015
I love this album, I know its not cool to like Jack Johnson but I think he's fab! And you wouldn't be searching for him if you didn't like him! This album is great, some slow songs but also a good mix of upbeat ones.
on 6 May 2015
Lovely smooth sounds of Jack Johnson, this is the first time i have used the marketplace to buy a used CD.
Excellent quality, box/sleeve not pristine but good enough for me (You could not pass it off as brand new)
CD in good shape and plays very well, all for a ridiculously cheap price, I ill use again Thanks
on 19 December 2015
I do love this album, but never listened to it as I couldn't access it and all I got was an adware virus installed on my laptop. Only gave 5* so I could post this. Beware downloading music, even through Amazon!
on 18 May 2006
Jack Johnson's In Between Dreams

I first discovered Jack Johnson on Amazon. I listened to the sample songs on this album and immediately liked it. I assure you can listen to this whenever you feel down or really in any mood you're in. Some may say that the songs on this album are all quite the same. It does if you listen to it for the first time but it does really grow on you. His voice is great, the music composition is good and really nobody can sing songs with lyrics like that like he does. If you like this kind of music then this one scores.
on 26 May 2005
This is a phenomenal CD full of easy listening, uplifting, 'groovy' tunes. Jack Johnson has created a 'must have album' that whisks the listener away to far-off places. From the first second of the first track I was hooked and have proceeded to buy two more of his albums 'Brushfire Fairy Tales' and 'On and On' (which I am waiting for now!) Of the two I currently own 'In Between Dreams' is my all time favourite and I would not hesitate to recommend this album to anyone who asks!
on 19 February 2006
Laidback, yet vibrant. Silky smooth. Foot tapping and mellow. Kick back and listen to this gorgeous album. Then go out and buy On and On, his album before this one. I've had this album since June 2005 and STILL play it a lot for when I need an up to do housework, to when i need to be chilled for my painting. Buy it.
on 24 August 2016
I bought this for my partner as she loves Jack Johnson. Not my cup of tea but some good tracks.

The reason I have down-rated it is because it is a bi-fold cover, despite only being one record. In the additional section there is no additional artwork or inserts, so I'm at a loss as to why this is a folded cover!

This is edition B0004149-01.