on 11 May 2017
I am really impressed with this mug. One of my colleagues at work has one, and upon her recommendation I thought I would try it.I read the reviews after I had purchased it, and I am glad I did. A few reviewers have mentioned that they had coffee grounds in their drink but I have honestly not had this happen once.
It stays warm for a good while ( especially with the lid on) and it is really user friendly. I think this will save me a fortune whilst at work because I constantly nip over to Costa ( work coffee is not so good). This solves that problem.
I would recommend letting it brew for a while before pushing down the plunger, otherwise the coffee isn't very strong.
on 12 April 2017
Absolutely loooove it - ground coffee on the go! I get my done every morning before driving to work.Tip - fill just a half of the mug with hot water first, then you push the fine mesh filter down and complete with more water (hot or cold if you have just a few minutes to drink it up!), then milk/sugar... ;) Ah, the grey mug is more like brownish, I would say, but still a good looking mug.
on 31 October 2017
Excellent Idea, works well expect to get grinds in the first couple of uses until you get used to it. Just takes a little longer to plunge otherwise a great product. Only gripe is that water has worked its way into the air gap part of the mug (between the two piece body within the first few uses - guessing it shouldn't do that).
VINE VOICEon 22 July 2017
Had one of these for years and it is a fantastic way of getting decent coffee away from home. I have used mine mainly for travel - and for deployments away with the RAF. Carry your own ground coffee and avoid nasty cheap instant! Very effective, robust and has lasted years. Keeps your coffee warmer for longer too.
on 29 October 2017
This is great if you just want to make a quick one cup of coffee. I have not used this on the go but instead just at home when I want a single mug of coffee. The plunger is snug so it does its job and the cap that goes on top is a snug fit too so no spillage when you are drinking it. It is dishwasher safe too. I would be careful not to put the plunger down and up as you may well get some coffee rising through but this happens with bigger coffee makers anyway.
on 4 April 2016
I thought this was a good idea. I used some coffee and closed the lid. Plunged and all the coffee just seeped through into the drinking part. Kinda pointless. Never used again. Sits in the cupboard. May use it for large tea leaves. Definitely not a good cafeteria.
on 3 April 2017
The grounds of our coffee pushed through the plunger gap and the small hole at the base of this "stalk" meaning that the coffer was undrinkable. Great idea but really disappointed.
on 4 May 2017
I can't seem to find a cafeiere for one cup that doesn't leak coffee grains and this is no exception. The hunt is on and this is not it.
on 25 August 2017
Love this cup and can't wait to use it! I thought it would be nice to have one of these for when we travel. Hate the instant coffee packets in hotel rooms and thought this would do the trick with some ground coffee that we will bring with us. Can also double as a water cup in the bathroom!
on 26 July 2017
This mug is almost perfect. Wanted one for ages and picked this up in the prime day, at times the plunger does stick and I've ended up with coffee filling up the liquid part because of this. Shame there's no way of closing the lid completely for warmth.