Customer reviews

Lauridsen - Lux aeterna
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 May 2014
I simply can't believe that there was a time when I was alive and had never heard Morten Lauridsen's beautiful "O Magnum Mysterium".
It truly comes from another place.
Somewhere beyond beyond.
The other pieces are good too.
The performances and recording are as perfect as could be imagined.
I LOVE this CD and will take it to my desert Island.
on 2 August 2013
Traditional texts set in a modern way, with some discords, although not overdone. Deserves to be performed more often and suitable for amateur choirs.
on 7 November 2013
The most beautiful music beautifully sung, it has a transcendent quality. Morten Lauridson's music is something very special, it takes you to another plane.
on 31 March 2013
I bought it for someone else, but he allowed me to listen to it. Modern, but very listenable. The local choral society is performing this work in the neae future and I will probably go and listen to it.
on 28 April 2013
Morten Lauridsen at his supreme best. Beautifully arranged and sung by one of the best choirs, Polyphony and Lauridsen, a match made in heaven. I never tire of this lovely recording and it never fails to delight and move me. Buy and enjoy!
on 29 August 2013
Had to buy it.

Sublime, divine modern, religious choral music to soothe the weary, disappointed soul.

So much C of E choral music is rather plain but not this!
on 16 December 2013
I fall asleep to this fantastic music every night, It's absolutely enchanting. I never tire of it and I never have a sleepless night.
on 23 March 2014
The recording justified the good reviews. The cd arrived promptly and well packed. It is well worth a place in my library.
on 26 November 2013
I would recommend this CD to Choral music lovers!
I bought it as a gift for my partner as he wanted to hear 'Magnum O' Mysterium'.
He was not disappointed!
Wonderful singing voices and soothing music!
Highly praised!
on 14 February 2014
FAST DELIVERY WONDERFUL ALBUM -IT GROWS ON YOU EVERY TIME YOU HEAR IT
THIS IS A LOVELY WORK from a talented composer - listen to it at least 10 times before you decide