Customer reviews

Colour: Silver Acoustic Guitar|Change

on 29 July 2017
Disappointed.

I bough this and the Shubb Deluxe Guitar Capo.
I had the original G7 and it was OK mostly but struggled across my acoustics.
As this was the version 2 and had good reviews I thought I'd give it a try.

I spent 10 minutes with it and am returning it.
On my Epiphone acoustic it wouldn't really press the 6th string down adequately despite pressing hard and trying various different poistions and upside down etc.
When I got it to stop buzzing the 6th string was then slightly out of tune.

I then tried the Shubb Deluxe Guitar Capo which I needed to thighten the screw a bit and worked just fine.

I hink this G7 might be OK on electric guitars but not on my steel strung acoustics.

I therefore sent it back and am getting another Shubb Deluxe Guitar Capo.

I found I needed two hands for this anyway to press hard so it's not even that much more effort using the Shubb Deluxe Guitar Capo.
on 29 June 2017
I own a few capos, most notably a Shubb and a Thalia and an Epiphone EJ200 guitar. The Shubb is brilliant, does the job well and is tiny. Only downside is the mechanism can be a pain. Thalia, I'm trying to love as it's beautiful but I struggle to stop strings buzzing and it still pulls the tuning sharp which it's not supposed to do. Decided to grab one of these bad boys and having used it for a few days I've got to say it's fantastic! Tiny, easy to use and holds the tuning perfectly. All you do is pop it on and squeeze. Would recommend to anyone, well worth the cash.
on 26 October 2014
Best capo I've found so far. I've tried quite a few, searching for the perfect one. Although I have rated this as 5 stars I would give it a 9 out of 10 as it's not quite perfect but I'm not sure there is such a thing as the perfect capo. 4 stars would have been unfair as I'm really happy with this little beaut. I have not mastered the technique of fitting this one-handed but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. The best bit for me is that no retuning is needed when it's in place which I have never encountered before and there is no buzzing of any strings and once it's in place it appears stable and secure. This is a streamlined item so beware wide-necked instruments, best to check dimensions before purchase. Overall very happy.
on 17 October 2016
Well I hate to bring the tone down. It arrived today - pretty quick delivery. But it just won't clamp onto the neck of my guitar. I have many capos so I know how to use them. Very disappointed as I read such good reviews. I may just be that I got a faulty one, in which case if I get a replacement that works, I will re-post.
on 3 July 2017
Absolutely blown away with how good this capo is. I was looking for a capo that wouldn't send my electric guitars out of tune, and would be quick to move up and down the neck, when on stage. This thing is perfect. It's the perfect balance between like likes of a Dunlop 83, and a Shubb capo. Tried it on the acoustic too, and it works a treat. No buzzing strings, clamps down hard enough and doesn't send the guitar out of tune. I use Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky sets on 25.5 inch scales.

After reading other people's reviews below, they key is to make sure you squeeze the capo firmly, right before the fret. It may seem odd to squeeze hard, but trust me, it works.
on 5 June 2017
After years using cheap off-the-shelf capos I figured it was about time to put some money into something decent.

I watched a lot of online videos about the best capos around, and this was the one I preferred the most.

Having received it, it's every bit as good as I expected. Super good adjustable tension, fast changing, no buzz. Not sure what else you could want.
on 7 July 2017
Don't believe the hype - absolutely terrible product. You can get a much better capo for a lot less (see shubb C1 or C1n) Tried on a variety of acoustic and electric guitars and had the same report from a couple of colleagues who've bought one of these. Just doesn't fit the guitar very well, causes tuning issues, plus if trying to bend strings the string remains in the bent position. Would be pretty annoyed if I'd spent £10 on this, but over £24 is almost laughable. I get better performance from capo's I've bought for 99p on ebay!
on 31 July 2017
Absolutely the best capo you can buy; beautifully made, lightweight and does not put your strings out of tune, nor does it compromise string bending by failing to return to the string's original in tune position; just about faultless.
on 18 August 2017
Best capo on the market. Bought it after I bought another model to replace another G7th I'd lost. Shouldn't have bothered with the other one. This is the bee's knees.
on 24 March 2017
Nice bit of kit looks great and works really well my Tanglewood heritage acoustic has a V shape neck not like the standard C shape but still works perfectly nice and light easy to operate highly recommend this item