Customer reviews

Size: Pack of 1|Change

on 13 April 2016
My little boy loved this when I first bought it, but the novelty soon wore off and he doesn't really bother with it anymore. The little octopus babies have got really mouldy and smelly, despite us always making sure the water was squeezed out after each bathtime. Also, it would have been good if they could have stuck onto the base as they fall off really easily.

On the plus side, the numbers on the octopus babies is great for teaching counting and lining them up in the right order, and the little faces are cute. We also had fun colour matching the babies, and had lots of fun pouring water out of the central piece.
I purchased this for myself… only kidding :-) It was for my adorable Niece to play with in the bath. We have also used this toy in the garden in the paddling pool. The product: A colourful collection of octopuses on a floating base which you can use to squirt water, stick on the side of the bath or bathroom tiles. There are 8 squeezy octopuses around a hard shell octopus with holes in its head. It is a good idea to use this one for washing hair. It is way more fun to have an octopus rain on your head than an auntie with a jug of water. The octopuses are different colours, and shapes which are numbered 1 to 8 so this is not just a bath toy, it’s teaching about colours, shapes and counting. WE have used this toy a lot this summer, more so in the garden as these little octopuses make great water shooters, who needs a water pistol! I have taken some of the comments on board about possible mould issues. I do make sure that I get all the water is out of the octopuses after each play time. It’s a little time consuming, but so far we have had no mould issue. My Niece absolutely loves this toy and so I would certainly recommend it. Happy to answer any questions that you may have.

If you found my review helpful in any way, I would be very grateful if you could click the YES button below. Thank you.
VINE VOICEon 22 March 2015
We bought this when our little one was around a year old and although she didn't take to it immediately she grew into them. When she learned colours she was having fun identifying them; when she learned numbers she started calling out the numbers. The sieve is still struggling to impress her, but she's lately taken to matching the numbers on the little octopuses to the numbers on the green plate. So it's a long term investment.

BUT! This is the second time we are buying this as all the squeezy octopuses have gone mouldy on the inside. Partly our fault for not keeping them dry enough, I suppose, but there's gotta be a way to clean this without having to take a hairdryer or radiator to it.
on 5 January 2017
Although daughter did enjoy then they mould inside so easily. I would make sure execs water was squeezed out after bath but they would still shoot out green gunk with the water, not what you want floating in the kids bath! I know this applies to all toys of this nature. The central octopus however has lasted the test of time, over a year later it's still perfect and great for washing hair
on 16 July 2014
Fun fun! Fun never ends with these things, your baby will love them. The base is floating in the water so it is part of the fun. The centre smiling figure works as shower (holes on top) so again multiple ways to utilize it in in the bath. 8 small egg shaped octopuses will stick to your bath walls AND they serve as watering pots (suprise your mummy and sprinkle her in the face :)
The only bad thing about this toy is that your baby will sometimes use the octopuses as a holder/grip and try to support their weight on it... this will not work and your baby will land in water so make sure you always support your baby to avoid accidents!
on 17 January 2016
rubbish. i thought the little things round the edges would stick to the base but you just balance them on the base. same goes for middle thing. not good for a toddler!! hated this so much i threw the base and middle part out
on 8 September 2016
My son loved these in his bath but they soon filled with black mould, which when he squirted them turned the water dirty. I tried to soak & wash them in sterilising solution, but no luck, I had to throw them away. One sad toddler. However before this happened he had so much fun squirting them & sticking them to the tiles.
on 9 February 2017
Awesome product. I bought this due to a recommendation and am very glad I did. Hours of varied play with the different features.
Central octopus is good for pouring or letting water flow through the holes.
Little octopuses float, stick to sides of bath, and squirt water.
Floating island lets your child balance things on top
Different octopus colours and base designs allow matching games

The big downside is that the insides of the little octopuses can get mouldy. I am buying again to replace my original (now mouldy) one. Still good value due to the many, many hours of play it had before getting mouldy.
on 31 January 2016
I can't begin to tell you the fun we've had with these in our hot tub. The kids love them, and so do the adults. I'm thinking of getting another set for when these are worn out (in case they stop making them).
They are well made. Easy to fill and squeeze. Educational with number matching possibilities and learning colours. But the fun involved with squirting anyone in sight is hilarious. Oh and the middle bit makes a great shower 👍
on 27 May 2016
These are the 4th set I've bought. The first three were all for gifts, this one was for my own child. At the moment she lives to chew on them, but hearing from some of the people that received it gifts, they're great for growing stages as the n numbers and colours help them learn. I would definitely recommend, especially if you're looking for some simple bath time fun.